2-Hour Milford Sound Helicopter Tour Including Glacier Landing - Wanaka
OverviewEnjoy the spectacular scenic flight over Milford Sound on this extensive flight from Wanaka. Cross the remote Harris and Darran Mountain Ranges of lower South Island with their rocky peaks and deep valleys. Fly over Milford Sound with it’s stunning waterfalls and wildlife. Return via the Tutoko Plateau and spectacular Southern Alps landing on the Isobel Glacier before returning above the braided Matukituki River.
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small group ensures personal service
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourYour flight will take-off from our base (address provided on voucher). Take a scenic 25-minute drive from Wanaka Township to the base and check-in at the hangar at least 15 minutes prior to your flight time. Flight times are flexible, operating on demand between 8am and 3pm.
Take-off and enjoy the scenic flight from the base in Matukituki Valley and fly across the remote Harris and Darran Mountain Ranges past the Earnslaw Glacier to Milford Sound where you will land. You will have up to 20 minutes to walk around, soak in the views, and take photos.
Taking off from Milford Sound youll view its stunning waterfalls and popular wildlife before heading up through Harrisons cove and over the Tutoko Plateau into the spectacular Southern Alps.
You will then enjoy a landing on the Isobel Glacier giving you the opportunity to take photos in the snow. From there you head back above the braided Matukituki River to our base.
Note: flight routes and landing locations are weather dependent and at the discretion of the pilot on the day
Inclusions for 2-Hour Milford Sound Helicopter Tour Including Glacier Landing
- Small-group tour
- Live commentary
- Two-way headsets to hear the pilotclearly
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for 2-Hour Milford Sound Helicopter Tour Including Glacier Landing
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to confirm departure
Subject to suitable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Passengers will be weighed on arrival to ensure comfort on the aircraft as well as balance of the aircraft
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.