2-hour Prague Food And Beer Walking TourWrite a Review
Exploring Pragues food markets is taking a wonderful short-cut to understanding Czech culture. On this exploration of the market, food stores and the Beer Museum around the Powder House, we sample great foods and beers, we criss-cross the Old Town, and we gain great insights and we have heaps of fun along the way.
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourWe meet at the Powder House - Prague's historical landmark.
The guide, who is a native of Prague as well as a passionate foodie, gives a brief introduction to two major Prague landmarks: the Powder House and the Municipal House.
We then enter the food market that stands across from the Municipal House. We join in the fun and walk up and down, we meet farmers/merchants, we discuss various foods, and we buy the ones we get curious about. We observe local residents make their round and size up products and merchants.
We then go by the shop of a traditional butcher: why does this Czech butcher shop feel so different? Why do people here eat more pork than beef? And what is the local diet like?
We continue down Dlouha street. What is this wonderful smell? And what did Czechs eat and drink in the dark days of Communism?
We visit a sweets store for a sampling of trdelnik - doughnuts will never taste the same again...
We walk by famous café Orient - Becherovka or Tuzemak, what do you know about Czech shots?
We step into a Vietnamese convenience store. Why all these Vietnamese 7/11's all over town?
Our exploration takes us to the beer museum. We can try the local beer, and the traditional accompanying snack, that no bow of potato chips can ever replace.
All along, we discuss local food culture:
What is Vepřo-knedlo-zelo ? And when is it time for “liquid bread”? After the fall of the iron curtain, what is the first thing the Czechs longed to eat? Why did one international food critic complain so famously about Prague cuisine? How come locals are so wary of restaurant food and often prefer to eat at home? Where does Prague’s vibrant beer culture come from? And why are food markets in Prague so different from anywhere else in Europe?
While walking the city and enjoying its food, we gain an insight into Prague life - its geography, traditions, and culture.
At the end of our tour we sample all the foods we bought, we learn what they tell us about Prague, we try one of Prague's potent alcohols – and then we sample some more.
Inclusions for 2-hour Prague Food And Beer Walking Tour
- • Professional guide
• Sample samplings of iconic foods selected for this tour, and new foods you didn't even know existed
• Listen to anecdotes and fun facts about food and about Czech culture
• Spend time with a passionate, local food expert
• English small-group tour
• 10 tastings and 2 drinks
Exclusions for 2-hour Prague Food And Beer Walking Tour
- • Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Gratuities (optional)
• Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Best Of Prague: City Walking, Boat Cruise And Typical Czech Lunch
- Cesky Krumlov Day Trip From Prague
- Prague Luxury Dinner Cruise On Vltava River
- Jewish Prague Walking Tour
- Small-Group Food And Beer Tour In Prague
- Getting To Know Prague Like A Local - Sights, Local Experiences And Food
- Historic Prague Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
- Prague Castle And Castle Grounds Walking Tour
- Exploratory Family Trip To Prague Without The Stress Of Planning
- 3 Hours Unlimited Beer Tasting