One of the most unique experiences in Thailand is a visit to a Buddhist temple to offer alms to the monks. Each morning before dawn (pick-up from your hotel approximately is at 06:00), the monks put on their distinctive saffron robes and quietly pad bare feet along the streets, carrying alms bowls and receiving boiled rice and condiments from the citizens of Thailand. In return people receive the monks blessings. You can participate in this very special Thai custom by personally giving alms. A brief exploration at the temple may be possible as well. If religious festivals permit, it would also be possible to witness the monks praying in the early morning. A recommended enlightening tour.NOTE: Not available for those staying in Four Seasons or Dhara Devi
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
approximately at 6:00 a.m. (depend on hotel location)
Departure Details :
Pick-up at your hotel in Chiang Mai. NOTE: Not available for those staying in Four Seasons or Dhara Devi.
Return Details :
Drop-off at your hotel in Chiang Mai.
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable
OverviewVisit a Buddhist temple at sunrise and offer alms to the monks, on one of the most unique experiences youre likely to have in Thailand. When visiting Chiang Mai, be sure to experience this early morning ritual thats an important part of Thai culture.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off (not available for those staying in Four Seasons or Dhara Devi)
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Services other than those mentioned Personal expenses and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that pick-up and drop-off at the Four Seasons Resort and the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi is available at a surcharge.
Tour detail / pick-up time can be changed without further notice
You Might Also Like
- Wat Doi Suthep Temple and White Meo Hilltribe Village Half-Day Tour from Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Tour with Tea Plantation, Karen Village, Doi Suthep
- Half-Day Doi Suthep and Temples From Chiang Mai
- Half-Day Chiang Mai City and Temples Including Doi Suthep
- Doi Suthep Temple and Cowboy Hat Lady Dinner Private Tour
- Chiang Mai Small-Group Cultural Tour
- Full-Day Advanced XC Downhill Biking at Doi Suthep National Park Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Street Food Small-Group Night Tour