2-Hour Temple Of Heaven Walking Tour - Beijing
OverviewPeel back the layers of Ming And Qing Dynastys worship history on a 2-hour walking tour of the Temple of Heaven. With an expert guide to show you the temples, get to know how complicated the worship ceremony was held here in the past, how the building was built without nails, what is the Chinese people's believe about the Heaven..to learn to fee and to touch this world's famous UNESCO World Heritage site. It is a small-group tour, limited to 15 people.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourYour tour guide willmeet you in your hotel's lobby at your preferred time, then heading to Beijings UNESCO-protected Temple of Heaven and begin your tour of the extensiveimperial altar complex, whose origins stretch back nearly600 years.
Stroll around the temples leafy park, and see Beijings elderly enjoying their morning exercises, dances, and martial arts. As you watch, learn about retirement in China and the daily lives of its older citizens.
Next, make your way to the temple showpiece: the 15th-century Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests. Constructed without a single nail, this magnificent circular wooden building boasts three blue-tile roofs and an ornate interior. Take a look around and hear how Chinas emperors came here to pray for bountiful harvests.
Visit the Danbi Bridge, the temples main pathway, and pass the Emperors Changing Room, where the royals dressed for their prayers. See the 9-Dragon Juniper, a 500-year-old tree resembling climbing dragons; and visit the Imperial Vault of Heaven, where Ming- and Qing-era emperors worshipped heaven during the winter solstice.
Admire the richly decorated vault pavilion with its surrounding Echo Wall, and see the Circular Mound Altar, where sacrifices were offered to the gods.
Afterward, your tour concludes when your guide leaves youat the temples South Gate.
Inclusions for 2-Hour Temple Of Heaven Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
- Hotel pickup (for hotels within the 3rd ring road of Beijing city)
- Transportation fees to the Temple of heaven
Exclusions for 2-Hour Temple Of Heaven Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant (0-4 years old) is free to join
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour: Classic Beijing Attractions Visiting With All Entrance Tickets Inclusive
- Shared Departure Transfer: Hotel to Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
- Private Day Tour: Discover Tianjin By Bullet Train From Beijing
- Private Family Friendly Tour: Beijing Zoo, Olympic Park, and Science and Technology Museum
- Small Group Day Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs
- Private Customized 3-Day Tour Combo Package: Ultimate Beijing Sightseeing