Meet your guide outside Beijings UNESCO-protected Temple of Heaven at your preferred time, and begin your tour of the extensive imperial altar complex, whose origins stretch back nearly 600 years. Stroll around the temples leafy park, and see Beijings elderly enjoying their morning exercises, dances, and martial arts. As you watch, learn about retirement in China and the daily lives of its older citizens.Next, make your way to the temple showpiece: the 15th-century Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests. Constructed without a single nail, this magnificent circular wooden building boasts three blue-tile roofs and an ornate interior. Take a look around and hear how Chinas emperors came here to pray for bountiful harvests. Visit the Danbi Bridge, the temples main pathway, and pass the Emperors Changing Room, where the royals dressed for their prayers. See the 9-Dragon Juniper, a 500-year-old tree resembling climbing dragons; and visit the Imperial Vault of Heaven, where Ming- and Qing-era emperors worshipped heaven during the winter solstice.Admire the richly decorated vault pavilion with its surrounding Echo Wall, and see the Circular Mound Altar, where sacrifices were offered to the gods. Afterward, your tour concludes when your guide leaves you at the temples South Gate.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
8:30a.m 9:30a.m 10:30a.m 12:30a.m (flexible time)
Departure Details :
East gate of Temple of Heaven
Return Details :
South gate of Temple of Heaven
OverviewRewind to Chinas Ming and Qing eras on a 2-hour walking tour of Beijings Temple of heaven. Stroll around this historical religious complex, learning about its architecture and spiritual symbolism. Visit the Hall of Prayer of Good Harvests, where emperors prayed for fruitful harvests, and see the Imperial Vault of Heaven, Circular Mound Altar, and more. Plus, stroll around the temple park, seeing Beijings older citizens perform their morning exercises. Entrance fees included.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8-9 hours layover tour to Great Wall & Forbidden City
- 4-5 hours layover night tour in Beijing city
- Private Trip to Tianjin from Beijing
- Private Full Day Tour: Terra Cotta Army
- Private Full Day Authentic Local Markets and Spa Tour
- Full Day Private Authentic Beijing Tour
- Private Full Day Tour: Amazing Beijing Highlights
- Private 3 days Celebrity Cruise Tours