2-Night, 1-Day Private Trip To Luxor From Cairo By Sleeper TrainWrite a Review
Travel to Luxor from Cairo in classic style, by deluxe sleeper train, on this 2-night, 1-day private trip that covers the highlights of the ancient city of Thebes. See the Valley of the Kings, where ancient pharaohs were buried, the Temple of Hatshepsut, the female pharaoh, the gigantic Colossi of Memnon, and the vast Temple of Karnak, with an optional trip to Luxor Temple.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Buffet lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your driver will collect you from your hotel around 7-7:30pm for the air-conditioned transfer to Cairo train station, where your sleeper train to Luxor departs at 8:15pm. Enjoy dinner on board the train before settling into your comfortable 2-berth sleeper, arriving in Luxor around 6-7am.
Your Egyptologist guide will meet you at Luxor station in private, air-conditioned vehicle, ready to explore the highlights of ancient Thebes, the dynastic and religious capital of Egypt for much of the Middle Kingdom and New Kingdom eras, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Your first stop is the West Bank, home to the ancient Egyptian funerary complex also known as the City of the Dead. Here you'll visit the Valley of the Kings, which cuts through stark mountains and limestone hills. It's full of the richly decorated tombs of New Kingdom pharaohs: your guide will introduce the highlights of three tombs.
Next, it's just a short drive to the vast Temple of Hatshepsut, sculpted from the towering cliffs in a striking terrace formation. Hatshepsut was a female pharaoh who wore a false beard and the trappings of male pharaohs in order to assert her right to the throne.
Another short drive brings you to the Colossi of Memnon, two vast seated statues of the pharaoh Amenhotep III. They once fronted his grand mortuary temple and portray the king sitting on his throne.
You'll drive back across the Nile to the East Bank, home to the bustling city of Luxor, and unwind over a buffet lunch at a local restaurant (drinks at own expense).
After lunch, it's time to explore the sights of the East Bank. Your guide will escort you through the Temple of Karnak, a vast temple complex agglomerated over thousands of years. You can also ask him to accompany you to Luxor Temple, built around 3,400 years ago (own expense).
Finally, you'll drive back to Luxor train station in good time to catch your train to Cairo at 11pm. You'll arrive in Cairo at 9am, where your driver will transfer you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for 2-Night, 1-Day Private Trip To Luxor From Cairo By Sleeper Train
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Sleeper train tickets with dinner
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for 2-Night, 1-Day Private Trip To Luxor From Cairo By Sleeper Train
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.