20-Minute Vestmannaeyjar Islands Sightseeing Flight From South IcelandWrite a Review
OverviewTake a scenic 20-minute flight over the Vestmannaeyjar (Westman) islands and Surtsey volcanic island from Bakki Airport in South Iceland. Enjoy a spectacular birds eye view of these volcanic islands. You will see some fascinating landscape features, and can imagine how the islands were sculpted by the forces of nature, creating a habitat for diverse bird and animal life, including the worlds largest puffin colony!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
Choose between a morning or afternoon departure, and make your way to Bakki Airport in South Iceland. Prior to your tour, you will meet your pilot who will explain the flight plan.
As you take off you will see one of Iceland's black sand beaches, Landeyjafjara, reaching as far west and east as the eye can see. In just a few minutes the aircraft is out over the open sea, flying towards the Vestmannaeyjar (Westman) islands. With a good eye you might be able to see isolated farms and birdlife on islands around Heimaey, the main island in this cluster. It may be difficult to believe from above, because it looks so small but there is a town with a population around 4,300 people is located on Heimaey. Surrounded by mountains, volcanoes, cliffs and islands, the people of Vestmannaeyjar have a history of fishing which plays a big part of the culture of Iceland. In the distance you will see Surtsey, an island which emerged out of the ocean during a volcanic eruption under sea level.After your 20 minute island sightseeing experience, you will land back in Bakki Airport on the mainland, where you will be able to chat and get more information from the pilot and staff about the sights you saw, any questions you might have and then set off to enjoy the rest of your day after a short, but totally unique experience.
Inclusions for 20-Minute Vestmannaeyjar Islands Sightseeing Flight From South Iceland
20-Minute fixed-wing air tour
Landing and facility fees
Exclusions for 20-Minute Vestmannaeyjar Islands Sightseeing Flight From South Iceland
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.