OverviewExplore the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Natural Reserve, one of the best spots in the Amazon rainforest to observe wildlife in its own habitat and nature.
This tour takes you into virgin jungle far from Iquitos, Peru; that is the reason that this expedition guarantees wildlife observing in its natural habitat as river dolphins, monkeys, sloths, birds, alligators, and more. This all-inclusive tour combines nature and wildlife with a comfortable accommodation at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
- All-inclusive tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Ideal choice for families
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tourExplore the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Communal Reserve, one of the best spots in the Amazon rainforest to observe wildlife. This tour takes you into virgin jungle where you will go on nature hiking, fishing, canoeing, navigating the Amazon River, birdwatching, wildlife spotting as primates, river dolphins and alligators. This all-inclusive tour combines nature and wildlife with a comfortable accommodation at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
See the Itinerary below for a detailed tour description.
Inclusions for 3-Day Amazon Wildlife Observation Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve From Iquitos
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Round-trip airport transfers).
- En-suite room for two nights.
- Meals as per itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner).
- English/Spanish-speaking guide.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Special rates at Emperador Terraza, a small and central hotel in the Main Square of Iquitos.
Exclusions for 3-Day Amazon Wildlife Observation Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve From Iquitos
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Additional services at the Curassow Amazon Lodge
Itinerary:In order to start our tours on your arrival day, it is suggested to arrive in Iquitos before 11AM.
Transfer from the airport or hotel to private port in Iquitos city. Navigation 3 1/2 hr along the Amazon River.
Arrive in Curassow Amazon Lodge. Your accommodation is in private bungalows.
Exploration by boat to observe birds, monkeys and sloths in the wild.
In the afternoon, get ready to enjoy a beautiful sunset in a lake.
Observation of snakes, frogs, nocturnal monkeys, mammals, rodents, etc.
Early canoe excursions. This is the ideal time to hear the sound of different bird species.
Exploration by boat and jungle trekking to observe medicinal plants.
Excursion by boat and foot, fishing for piranhas and observation of the hoatzin or shansho (Opisthocomus hoazin) a prehistoric-look bird.
Excursions by boat to observe caiman, nocturnal birds, mammals, etc.
Breakfast on the boat.
Swim with the dolphins in the Amazon River.
Observation of iguanas and the Victoria Regia water lily, the biggest aquatic plant in the world.
Visit a village to observe handicrafts.
Amazon River Navigation back to Iquitos city.
Transfer from the port to airport or hotel.
6pm is the estimate arrival time in Iquitos.
What animals are easy to see during our Amazon jungle tours?
Curassow Amazon Lodge’s excursions aimed at observing animals in their natural habitat. We guarantee that traveler will observe wildlife due the lodge and operations are in deep jungle. Easiest animals we will observe in our jungle tours are sloths, monkeys species, birds, caiman/alligator, pink and gray river dolphins, piranhas, tarantulas and other spider species, snakes, among other. Also, we will be able to find useful and medicinal plants.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Arrival flight must land before 10am or one day before the starting date. Departure flight must be after 7:30pm or a day after the tour.
Programs may change according to flight arrival/departure changes or weather conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Electricity is limited to charge batteries at Curassow Amazon Lodge and there is no hot water
Please inform us if you have any allergies or special diet requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc) available at the time of booking
Maximum number of people/children per room: 4 people
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR EACH TRAVELER:
Passport number, nationality, age
Flight in and out information: Airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours
Shoe size (preferably European system)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.