3-Day Archeological Tour From San Salvador
OverviewDuring this 3-day tour, go back in to history how the Maya civilization was living in El Salvador. Visiting the ceremonial sites of San Andres and Tazumal, the local middle class village Joya de Cern Archaeological Site UNESCO World Heritage.For great overview of Salvadoran history you visit the Anthropology Museum. .
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tourDay One:
Your first day starts at the Anthropology Museum David J. Guzman to have an impression of the Salvadoran history, as its home to the very popular artifact found in the Tazumal ruins the native god Xipe Totec.
You will go to Santa Leticia, in the Western highlands of El Salvador. The peaks of the Llamatepec mountain range that begin in the Aleutian Islands and end in the southernmost tip of Tierra del Fuego, within cradles the Valley of Apaneca which in the "Nahuat" language of the Pipil Indians means, "Rivers of Wind".
Here you will will see three huge stone monuments and other vestiges of their great culture. Santa Leticia Site unlike other archaeological sites in Mesoamerica was not a mere commercial or habitat area but was always a special place of magic, and power that fathomed the mysteries of life and death.
Overnight: Hotel Santa Leticia or Alicante
The second day tour starts at Joya de Cern Archaeological Site declared UNESCO World Heritage in 1993 for being the only location in the whole Mayan culture where you can appreciate the day to day living styles of the popular pre-Columbian inhabitants.
Joya de Cern was buried by several eruptions of volcanoes and the village under 14 layers of ash. The villagers were apparently able to flee in time no bodies have been found although they left behind utensils, ceramics, furniture, and even half-eaten food in their haste to escape.
After this visit we will take off to one of El Salvadors Mayan ruins; San Andres which was inhabited by Maya between AD 600 and 900.
There is nice small museum on site.
Overnight: Hotel Santa Leticia or Alicante
The third day we will visit Tazumal, the most important and impressive Mayan ruins of El Salvador.
Tazumal includes a series of Maya ruins, including ceremonial architecture that date to about AD 100-1200. The site includes an intricate water drainage system, a few tombs, adjacent minor pyramids, palaces and excavated ritual objects.
After we will visit Casa Blanca where you can see a workshop producing indigo dye from Pre classic and Classic period of Maya.
Inclusions for 3-Day Archeological Tour From San Salvador
- 2 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- All activities mentioned in itinerary
- Local Driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for 3-Day Archeological Tour From San Salvador
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional Tours
- Personal expenses or medicines
- International flights
- Extra services in hotels
- Emergency expenses, please make sure you always have a travel insurance!
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.