OverviewPrepare to be wowed by the Western Cape! See the best spots from Cape Point to the most Southern Tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas on this action-packed 3-day trip from Cape Town. A journey of discovery awaits you along the rugged coastline of the Overberg, filled with mystery and awe-inspiring beauty to the grandeur of the renowned Cape Winelands. After visiting Hout Bay and enjoying dramatic coastal scenery along the Cape Peninsula, sample esteemed South African wines at estates near Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, then meet a local leader on a guided walk through the Kayamandi Township for a sensitive insider view at post-Apartheid life. Spend your final day relaxing in Hermanus, whale watching, visiting a African penguin colony at Betty's Bay and the adventurous can even go shark cage diving in Gansbaai!
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDay 1: Cape Point - Stellenbosch
Get picked up in the morning by luxury minivan and travel to your first stop at Hout Bay. Wander around the city's charming market, or opt for an optional Duiker Island cruise (own expense) to see the Cape fur seals.
Continue to the Cape of Good Hope and stop at Cape Point nature reserve. Observe wildlife in the local "fynbos" landscape, and walk to the lighthouse where the waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash against Africa’s southwestern tip. Head inland to spend the evening in Stellenbosch enjoying local wine, food and buzzing nightlife (own expense).
Overnight in Stellenbosch 4-star Roosenwijn or similar
Day 2: Franschhoek - Cape Agulhas (B)
Visit the township of Kayamandi to experience a taste of life for its local residents. With a local community leader to show you around, you’ll get a firsthand look at "Xhosa" culture. Then visit some of the popular wine estates near the Western Cape towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Sample some of the country’s most acclaimed wines and ports, pairing them with locally-produced cheeses and chocolate. In Franschhoek, you’ll have free time to spend at your leisure, a perfect place for lunch in what many consider to be South Africa’s gourmet capital.
Travel to Cape Agulhas to a stone marker indicating the most southern tip of Africa where the continent meets with the mighty Atlantic and Indian Oceans. A graveyard of ancient shipwrecks along this legendary 'Cape of Storms' reminds of many tragic and mysterious tales of failed expeditions.
Overnight in Cape Agulhas at 4-star Agulhas Country Lodge or similar
Day 3: Hermanus - Cape Town (B)
Either rise at the crack of dawn for an optional shark cage diving trip (own expense), or depart slightly later to visit the popular whale-watching town of Hermanus. If you choose to explore Hermanus, you’ll have more time here independently. Perhaps enjoy some land-based whale watching along the famous cliff footpaths. Whale season lasts from approximately June to November.
If an adrenaline-pumping cage diving experience with sharks is more your thing, then join an approximately 2-hour cage dive with South Africa’s notorious Great White sharks. All equipment is provided; just bring your bathing suit! After the dive, you'll also have some time to spot whales along the coast when collecting the group from Hermanus.
On the way back to Cape Town, you'll pass the famous Betty's Bay penguin reserve to observe a colony of African penguins in their natural habitat, before one final last stop at a Clarence Drive viewpoint. Arrive back in Cape Town between around 6pm.
Please note: this package is part of a group tour and other guests may sleep at 4-star, 3-star or budget backpacker accommodation.
Inclusions for 3-Day Cape Point, Cape Winelands And Cape Agulhas Guided Tour From Cape Town
- 2 nights accommodation
- 2 breakfasts
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the Cape of Good Hope
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve in Betty's Bay
- Wine, port, cheese and chocolate tasting session
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Exclusions for 3-Day Cape Point, Cape Winelands And Cape Agulhas Guided Tour From Cape Town
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Duiker Island cruise (approximately R60 per person)
- Shark cage diving (approximately R1500 per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
According to availability at time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned accommodation or in one of a similar standard and star rating
The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, overnight in Hermanus instead of Cape Agulhas
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Cape Town City Private Art Tour
- Cape Town Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- Private Shore Excursion: Cape Of Good Hope From Cape Town
- Marine Big 5 Adventure From Cape Town
- Half-Day Walk To Freedom Private Tour In Cape Town
- Full-Day Small-Group Golf And Wine Tour In Cape Town
- Half-Day Walk To Freedom Tour In Cape Town
- Township Tour Of Cape Town
- Peninsula Tour - Half Day From Cape Town
- Full-Day Cape Point, Seal Island And Boulders Penguin Sanctuary Tour From Cape Town