3-day Desert Safari To Merzouga From Marrakech - Marrakesh
OverviewThis 3 days Sahara to Merzouga Erg Chebbi expedition is an enriching tour of southern Morocco and is one of the best things to do in and around Marrakech. Join your local guide on a unique experience to trek on a camel through the dunes of Erg Chebbi Desert on this overnight trip through the Sahara. Then enjoy traditional tagine and sweet mint tea before camping under the stars in a Berber tent. Breakfast and dinner along with all transportation by air-conditioned minivan are included.
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDay 1: Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddou - Ouarzazate - Dads Gorges
Your tour will begin at 7:20am from Marrakech and proceed toward the Dads Gorges. First, you will travel by road and make your first stop in the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Next stop will be in Ouarzazate, "The Door of the Desert" for lunch and exploration. At the end of the day, you will finally reach the Dads Gorges Valley, where you will enjoy a typical Moroccan dinner. Spend your night in a small hotel or hostel and admire an amazing view over the landscapes of the valley.
Please note: In the second weekend of May and the last two days, there is the famous Rose Festival, so if you are lucky enough to travel through at this time, you can enjoy it!
Day 2: Dads Gorges - Toudra - Merzouga
Your second day will begin with a traditional Moroccan breakfast in the hostel before getting ready for the departure to the Saharian village Merzouga, via the Toudra Gorges. On the way, you'll discover many Berber villages and colorful landscapes in the region. When traversing the Todra Gorges, they stand 300meters over the river so be wary when looking down! Lunch will take place on the road, and then you'll reach the city of Erfoud; well-known for their marine fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old. Once it gets close to the evening, you will enjoy a 1.5-hour trip via camels to Merzouga, where you will see the beautiful sunset sink below the sandy dunes. To finish this beautiful day, you will enjoy a good dinner in a campsite under the stars of Merzougas dune sky.
Day 3: Merzouga - Marrakech
On the third day you will wake up at 6:30 am to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes of Erg Chebbi, which is certainly the best moment in the desert of Merzouga to take pictures! You will also enjoy a typical Berber breakfast at the camp before riding your camels to the hostel back at Merzouga for a shower. You'll then head back to Marrakech via the incredible Draa Valley, passing through Tazzarine, Agdz and Ouarzazate, and traveling through the eternal Tizi nTichka pass and its panoramic views.
Inclusions for 3-day Desert Safari To Merzouga From Marrakech
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Accommodation in the hotelDads Gorges
- Accommodation in thedesert camp in Merzouga
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for 3-day Desert Safari To Merzouga From Marrakech
- Entrance fees
- Drinks during the trip
- Lunch during the trip
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Guide in Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Bring warm clothes in the winter and good shoes
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Group 2 Days Sahara Desert Trip From Marrakech To Zagora Dunes
- 3-Day Desert Private Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
- A half day Quad biking tour in Marrakech Palm groove and villages
- Small GroupMarrakech City Tour Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Marrakech - Ouzoud waterfalls Day Trip
- Full-Day Guided Ouarzazete and Kasbah Ksar Tour from Marrakech
- A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS with one overnight in Luxury Desert camp
- Camel ride and walking