A fully guided 3 day tour to Scotlandâs capital city. See Holyrood Palace and Edinburgh Castle, walk the Royal Mile and enjoy some whisky tasting. Optional day trip to Loch Ness & Scottish Highlands. This is a scheduled tour operated by high speed train with a professional guide, with a maximum of 35-40 people per tour.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Rail Tour
Know More about this tourMeet the Tour Manager in London Euston and you will be accompanied to the train which departs at 6:43am. The train journey takes 5 hours 30 minutes, and travels through stunning scenery en route to Scotland including the Lake District.
On arrival in Edinburgh we will be collected by coach and enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Edinburgh City Centre with a professional guide. The tour begins at the Royal Mile which links the Palace of Holyrood House with the ancient Edinburgh Castle, sitting on top of an extinct volcano! We will see the St Giles Cathedral , the old Parliament Square and the Castle Esplanade. At the foot of this famous street we will stand outside Holyrood House and learn ofÂ Scottish Royalty, King David, Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots. We then take the journey from the Old Town to the New Town and climb Calton Hill to see the National Monument and admire the view towards Arthurâs Seat, a 250m high rocky crag that lies within the whole city. We will learn of Scotlandâs writers, Robbie Burns, Sir Walter Scott and Robert Louis Stevenson, view their memorials and see where they lived. The panoramic tour ends at Edinburgh City Centre accommodation for check in.
On day 2 you will have the choice of a free day in Edinburgh or join the optional excursion to Loch Ness & the Scottish Highlands (Â£49 extra, pay on the day). If you choose to stay in Edinburgh there are some fantastic attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood House, Royal Yacht Britannia, National Museum of Scotland and more.
On day 3 a free day in Edinburgh for some final sightseeing and shopping. See the traditional Scottish shops on the Royal Mile, or take a stroll in the more modern Princes Street. You will be collected by coach from the city center accommodation shortly after lunch and transferred to the train station for the journey back to London. Arrival time back into London is scheduled for 8:30pm
Inclusions for 3 Day Edinburgh Tour From London
- Round trip by high speed train
- City center 2 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast basis.
- Breakfast will be full English cooked breakfast.
- Professional guide
- City bus tour
Exclusions for 3 Day Edinburgh Tour From London
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch and Dinner. Your accommodation is city center and walking distance to many shops, bars and restaurants where you can purchase food.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult. If you are traveling with an infant (0-2 years) the infant is free of charge but we must be notified in advance.
A small amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.