3-day Excursion To Merzouga From Marrakech Including The Dades Valley And Camel Trek In Erg Chebbi - Marrakesh
OverviewTravel from Marrakech through the exuberant route of the thousand kasbahs through the high Atlas Mountains, and through fertile valleys and oases. Explore tall, rocky gorges and spectacular sunsets among the sand dunes of the Sahara desert.
Know More about this tourItinerary Day 1: Marrakech - Ouarzazate - Boumalne du Dades After the morning pick up at your accommodation in Marrakech, you will head to the depths of the high Atlas Mountains in an air-conditioned minivan to start your excursion. Travel along the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass and rural Berber villages, where shepherds harness their as they have for thousands of years. First, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kasbah At Ben Haddou, where locals have gathered to socialize and trade for centuries. Soak up the atmosphere at your own pace, then head to Ouarzazate for lunch in a caf (not included in the price). Perhaps you can visit Taourirte Kasbah, a popular meeting place for people from the Atlas, Dra and Dads valleys. In the afternoon, you will go with your guide to the oasis in Skoura. Pause to admire the lush vegetation, green palms that rise like a mirage in the dry desert, then follow the Dades river along deep gorges, where the ruins of ancient kasbahs are found among traditional Berber villages. You will arrive in Boumalne du Dads in the late afternoon, where your dinner and accommodation await you. Night: Riad des Vieilles Charrues (Or similar) in Boumalne du Dads. Meals included: dinner Day 2: Boumalne du Dads - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi After breakfast at the hotel, climb back aboard a minivan and travel along the famous "1000 Kasbahs Road" to the nearby Tinghir. Take a stroll through the oasis in the imposing Todra gorge where a deep crack in the orange limestone offers spectacular views and then sit down to lunch at your own pace (not included in the price) in one of the local cafes . In the afternoon, visit the holy city of Rissani, the birthplace of the current royal family of Morocco, and the ancient capital of the Tafilalt region. Continue towards Merzouga, a small town nestled on the edges of the Sahara desert. Meet with your camel caravan and, with the sun moving across the evening sky, depart for Erg Chebbi and his camp in the heart of the desert. With traditional music from the local nomads to entertain you, enjoy a dinner and an evening under the stars before going to sleep. Night: camp in the Sahara desert. Meals included: breakfast and dinner Day 3: Erg Chebbi - Ouarzazate - Marrakech After an early morning walk before breakfast to enjoy the sunrise between the dunes (optional), return riding your camel to Merzouga and meet with your driver for the start of your trip back to Marrakech Make a stop for lunch in Ouarzazate (not included in the price), then head towards the spectacular landscape of the high Atlas Mountains. Return to your lodging in Marrakech in the late afternoon to put an end to your visit. Meals included: breakfast After your return trip to Merzouga on day 3, you will have the opportunity to take a shower and cool off in a private room at the hotel.
Inclusions for 3-day Excursion To Merzouga From Marrakech Including The Dades Valley And Camel Trek In Erg Chebbi
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- 2 nights accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for 3-day Excursion To Merzouga From Marrakech Including The Dades Valley And Camel Trek In Erg Chebbi
- Entrance fees
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- The listed price does not include a $X per person departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 18 years
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Group 2 Days Sahara Desert Trip From Marrakech To Zagora Dunes
- 3-Day Desert Private Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
- A half day Quad biking tour in Marrakech Palm groove and villages
- Small GroupMarrakech City Tour Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Marrakech - Ouzoud waterfalls Day Trip
- Full-Day Guided Ouarzazete and Kasbah Ksar Tour from Marrakech
- A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS with one overnight in Luxury Desert camp
- Camel ride and walking