3-Day Kruger Safari Camping Tour From Johannesburg
OverviewExplore the Kruger national park, with a unique combination of wilderness areas, and a wide variety of big game. This tour includes participation camping. This means that guests will have to assist with camp chores, such as setting up your tent. Standard 2 x 2 x 1.7m high tents are used for accommodation on designated camping sites. Breakfasts and dinners are included in the price, and all game drives are conducted on open safari vehicles.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
You will depart at 8:30am from Johannesburg on a scenic 5-hour drive to the entrance of the Kruger National Park. Upon entering Kruger National Park, you will be transported all the way to the rest camp. Common animals you can expect to see on the first afternoon include impala, kudu, waterbuck, warthog, zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, elephant, hippo, baboon, monkey and hopefully, rhino, buffalo and possibly an elusive leopard or cheetah. Dinner will be prepared by your guide and may take the form of a traditional South African braai (barbecue) if the weather permits.
You will rise early so you can be on the road as the sun rises in an open game viewer. This is the best time of day for game viewing as the animals are at their most active. You will be on the lookout for nocturnal animals like spotted hyenas returning to their dens for the day. During the drive, you may stop at waterholes, viewpoints or picnic sites where you can get out and stretch your legs and enjoy some refreshments. Breakfast is usually a mid-morning feast that you will enjoy at a picnic site somewhere in the bush. There is no fixed schedule to keep but usually you will return to camp late morning so you can spend the noon hours lazing around the pool or watching animals from the deck. An afternoon siesta is also a popular option. Lunch is for your own account and you can purchase a light meal from the take away deli at the camp.
In the afternoon we embark on another exciting game drive. As the day cools down, the animals become more active again and game viewing becomes easier. You will look for the Big 5 and all the other animals, birds and interesting plants you may find. The excitement of a game drive is that you never know what you will find and each one is different. Perhaps you saw a giraffe yesterday but today you may see them drinking or fighting or eating from a nasty thorn tree without injuring themselves! Your guide will be able to interpret the behavior of the animals and share interesting stories and facts about the bush which makes every drive that much more interesting.
You will return to camp around sunset and enjoy another delicious dinner around the fire or in the camp restaurant. As an optional extra, you can book a night drive with us in advance on one of the evenings. These are conducted on an open game viewing truck by one of the Kruger Park's rangers.
In the morning, you will head out on a final early morning game drive. If you are lucky you may see wild dogs or another rare animal that you have not seen before. After breakfast, it is time to pack up and start heading back toward the gate for the drive back to Johannesburg. You will normally arrive back in Johannesburg between 4pm and 5pm, depending on the traffic.
Inclusions for 3-Day Kruger Safari Camping Tour From Johannesburg
- 2 nights camping
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for 3-Day Kruger Safari Camping Tour From Johannesburg
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.