3-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour From Lombok
OverviewTrek to the summit of Mt Rinjani on this 3 day small group, guided hike from Senaru village. Mt Rinjani is the second highest volcano in Indonesia and is still active. You will have amazing views of glistening sunrises and sunsets, you may even see the Milky Way on a clear evening. You will trek up to the Senaru & Sembalun Crater Rims. Take a swim in the hot springs and lake before descending down through the tropical rainforest the next day.
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourUpon arrival you will be picked up from Lombok Airport or your local Lombok accommodation, you will then be transferred to your hotel for your first nights accommodation in Senaru or Sembalun. You will then be given a briefing on your 3 day trek by your professional guide.
Day 1: Sembalun (1100m) Sembalun crater rim (2639m)
Wake up at 7:00am and have breakfast before registering at the Rinjani information center. Your trek starts from Sembalun village at 8:00am. Beginning with a gentle ascent through open grassland. After around 2 hours of walking you will reach position one (1300m), after another 40 mins you will be at position two (1500m). You will continue walking to position three (1800m) and have lunch here.
After lunch and a rest, you will head to Sembalun crater rim (2639m). It takes 3 hours including a prolonged steep climb. Camp at the Crater Rim for the night and enjoy the amazing views of the sunset, sunrise and maybe even the Milky Way.
Day 2: Sembalun crater rim (2639m) Summit (3726m) - Segara Anak Lake and Hot Spring (2000m) Senaru crater rim (2641m)
You will be woken up around 2:00am with hot drinks and a light breakfast before you start climbing to the Rinjani Summit at 3:00am. Beginning with a moderate climb, followed by a fairly easy but longer walk. The final approach to the summit involves a steep climb over loose volcanic scree before reaching the summit at 6.00am to enjoy excellent panorama views of Lombok Island, Bali, Sumbawa Island and Segara Anak Lake.
You will then descend back down to the Sembalun crater rim in around 2 hours and have breakfast down there before continuing your journey down to the lake and hot springs. The trail down is steep and a bit slippery and takes 2.5 hours to descend. Enjoy a swim in the lake and soak in the hot springs while your porters prepare your lunch. After lunch climb to the Senaru crater rim (2641m) where you will camp for the night. The Senaru crater rim has the second most spectacular view after the summit where you can see an incredible sunset over Mt. Agung.
Day 3: Senaru crater rim (2641m) Senaru village (601m)
Your final day on Mt. Rinjani is a relaxing one. After breakfast you will trek down to Senaru village through the tropical forest. If you are lucky you might see a rare black monkey. It takes around 5 hours to descend and rest stops and lunch will be taken along the way. Upon arrival at the Senaru Village you will be transported to the airport or your accommodation.
Inclusions for 3-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour From Lombok
- Hotel pick up/drop off or airport transfers
- 3 nights accommodation: 1 night in Senaru village before the trek, 2 nights camping during the trek
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Visit the Sendang Gile waterfall on arrival day
- All meals, snacks and drinks throughout the trek
- All camping equipment including: tent, sleeping bag, mattress, toilet tent
- Guide and porter
- Entrance fees for Rinjani National Park.
Exclusions for 3-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour From Lombok
- Food and drinks at the hotel on the first night
- Gratuities for guide and porter (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Trekkers should be in good physical condition as a fair amount of trekking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum age is 12 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.