3-Day Private Desert Tour From Marrakech To Fez: Ouarzazate, Sahara Desert Camel Trek And Berber Village Visit - Marrakesh
OverviewLeave Moroccos souks and medinas behind and step off the beaten track on this private 3-day tour from Marrakech to Fez. Travel through the city of Ouarzazate to the UNESCO-listed At Benhaddou kasbah; watch local workers blending scented perfumes at a rose-growing plantation at Kelaa Mgouna; take the 'Road of 1,000 Kasbahs' through the Dads Valley to Tinghir; and discover desert oases and meet Berber villagers along the banks of the Todgha River. You'll also trek into the Sahara Desert on camelback and enjoy dinner under the stars.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
Know More about this tourTravel from Marrakech to the UNESCO-listed At Benhaddou kasbah with your private guide. Visit a rose-growing cooperative in the Valley of Roses. Take the Road of 1,000 Kasbahs to the Todgha River and meet local Berber villagers on route to the Todgha River. Follow your guide deep into the Sahara Desert on camelback and enjoy a traditional Moroccan dinner beneath starlit skies. Selected meals and overnight accommodation in a desert camp and 3-star hotel included.
Inclusions for 3-Day Private Desert Tour From Marrakech To Fez: Ouarzazate, Sahara Desert Camel Trek And Berber Village Visit
- Private driver-guide
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight accommodation in a Sahara desert camp and at a 3-star hotel in Boulmane Dades
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan or 4x4
Exclusions for 3-Day Private Desert Tour From Marrakech To Fez: Ouarzazate, Sahara Desert Camel Trek And Berber Village Visit
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Additional local guides
Itinerary:Day 1: Marrakech – Skoura – Boumalne du Dadès (D)
Following a morning pickup from your accommodation in Marrakech, meet your guide and take the Tizi-n-Tichka pass through the Atlas mountain range, where local Berber farmers work the land as they have for centuries.
Head through Ouarzazate — also known as ‘The Gate of The Sahara’ — and onward for lunch (own expense) at the UNESCO-listed Aït Benhaddou kasbah. Follow your guide on a tour of the kasbah and hear of the many famous films and photo shoots that have taken place there. Travel onward past the palm trees and olive groves of the Skoura oasis to Kasbah Amridil and gain insight into its construction and history from your guide.
Continue on through the Valley of Roses to Kelaa Mgouna, a local rose plantation. Visit one of the rose-growing cooperatives and watch as workers blend their ingredients to make rose-scented perfumes, then head on to your guest house in Boumalne du Dadès for dinner and your overnight accommodation.
Overnight: 3-star hotel in Boumalne du Dadès.
Day 2: Boumalne du Dadès – Tinghir – Erg Chebbi (B,D)
Depart Boumalne du Dadès after breakfast and take the famous Road of 1,000 Kasbahs through the Dadès Valley. Visit one of the valley’s traditional kasbahs and listen as your guide details the role it has played in the region’s history.
Head into the foothills of the High Atlas to the oasis of Tinghir and enjoy a 1-hour walk along the Todgha River, where olive groves and palm trees flourish by the riverbanks. Visit Berber villages with your guide to meet one or two of the locals, then head into the mighty Todgha Gorge for lunch (own expense).
Travel through the oasis towns of Erfoud and Merzouga, then meet your camel train in Erg Chebbi for the onward journey by camelback into the Sahara Desert. Enjoy beautiful views of the Saharan sunset, then arrive at your desert camp for a traditional Moroccan dinner under the stars while local nomads play traditional folk songs.
Overnight: Erg Chebbi desert camp
Day 3: Erg Chebbi – Midelt – Fez (B)
Wake early to watch the morning sun rising over the dunes. Enjoy breakfast in the desert, then hop back into your vehicle for the onward journey to the holy town of Rissani, the birthplace of 17th-century ruler Moulay Ali Cherif — founder of Morocco’s ruling Alaouite Dynasty.
Continue on to Midelt for lunch (own expense), then head along the Ziz River where fortified kasbahs (traditional Moroccan fortresses) lie among dense palm groves.
Travel through the cedar forests of the Middle Atlas mountains and onward through the fertile Saiss plains, where native flora and fauna thrive. In the early evening, arrive at your riad or hotel in Fez where your 3-day tour will come to an end.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children under 5 years old
Good walking shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
Drinking water is not provided by can be purchased along the way
Accommodation at the desert camp will be in a private tent with shared bathroom facilities
3-star hotel accommodation is in single, double or twin rooms with private bathroom facilities
Bedding is provided in the desert camp so there is no need to bring a sleeping bag
Long trousers are recommended for the camel ride because the saddles can cause skin irritation
A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended. It can be cold at night and in the winter so please bring appropriate clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Desert and Palm Grove Camel Ride from Marrakech Including Moroccan Tea and Snack
- Full Day Marrakech City Tour
- Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou Day Trip Through the Atlas Mountains from Marrakech
- Private Tour: Moroccan Kasbahs from Marrakech
- Half-Day Private Historical Walking Tour of Marrakech
- Full-Day Guided Tour: High Atlas Mountains from Marrakech