3-Day Private Tour Of Medieval Transylvania From BucharestWrite a Review
OverviewThis 3-day private tour introduces you to fascinating Transylvania, where colourful centuries-old traditions are still alive and well in the small villages, and people make a living from time-honoured, traditional occupations, such as being shepherds, weavers, blacksmiths and carpenters.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourItinerary:
Day 1. Bucharest - Peles Castle - Bran Castle (aka Dracula's Castle) - Brasov
Your private guide will meet you at the airport or at your centrally located hotel in Bucharest. Afterwards you will start your journey to Transylvania. First, visit Peles Castle: located in Sinaia (approx. 44 km from Brasov), it is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful castles in all of Europe. Set against the natural back drop of the Carpathian Mountains, the castle is a masterpiece of German Renaissance architecture.
The next stop is Bran, where you will visit the 'Castle of Dracula'. Surrounded by an aura of mystery and legend and perched high atop a 200-foot-high rock, Bran Castle owes its fame to its imposing towers and turrets as well as to the myth created from Bram Stokers Dracula.
In the afternoon enjoy a tour of the medieval town of Brasov. Highlights of the tour include; Black Church, Citadel of Brasov, Ecaterina's Gate, White Tower, Black Tower, The Blacksmiths Bastion, The Weavers Bastion, The Ropemakers Bastion, The Drapers Bastion.
Day 2. Brasov - Prejmer - Harman - Sighisoara
The first stop of the day is the Fortified Church of Prejmer (UNESCO site) - Situated approximately 16km northeast of Brasov, it is one of Eastern Europes best preserved fortified churches. Surrounding the cross-shaped church (originally built by the Teutonic knights) are walls 12 meters high and 4 meters thick. These wall helped to protect the church and Prejmers inhabitants during war times, when each family would retreat into their own room.
Next visit the Fortified church of Harman - although smaller than Prejmer fortress, this church matches it in charm and architectural value.
The tour moves on to visit the fortified town of Sighisoara (UNESCO site) last. Sighisoara is one of the few inhabited fortified towns in the world and is a great example of medieval town planning: Here, all the elements of the medieval world have been perfectly preserved. Sighisoara tour highlights: The Clock Tower & History Museum, The Church on the Hill, House of Dracula, The pupils roofed stairways, German cemetery.
Day 3. Sighisoara - Fortified Church of Biertan - Bucharest
Today you will visit the Fortified Church of Biertan (UNESCO site) - This architectonic ensemble from Biertan will impress with its harmonious position and its aesthetic and historic value. The original building materials have been preserved since the end of the 15th century and the beginning of the 16th century; it is therefore easy to see why it is included in The UNESCO List of World Patrimony.
Inclusions for 3-Day Private Tour Of Medieval Transylvania From Bucharest
- 2 nights accommodation
- English speaking licensed tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned car / minivan
Exclusions for 3-Day Private Tour Of Medieval Transylvania From Bucharest
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.