3-Day Private Western Cape Highlights Trip From Cape Town
OverviewSpend three days exploring South Africa’s beautiful Western Cape on this private tour from Cape Town. Take in the coastal sights of the Cape Peninsula from Chapman’s Peak Drive; visit Kayamandi for a sensitive inside look at post-Apartheid life in a township; and sample revered local wine in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Then, on your final day, choose to relax in Hermanus or set your heart racing with a shark cage-diving experience in Gansbaai. Relax with two nights of 3- or 4-star accommodation in Cape Agulhas and Stellenbosch.
- Breakfast included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOn this 3-day private tour, you'll visit the vibrant Hout Bay and pass along the famous Chapmans Peak Drive for a glimpse of must-see spots on the Cape Peninsula namely Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. Visit a township with a community leader for a taste of Xhosa culture, and sample internationally renowned wine in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Youll also have the option to independently explore the whale-watching town of Hermanus or go cage diving with great white sharks in Gansbaai.
Your tour includes round-trip transportation by deluxe minivan and two nights of accommodation, with daily breakfast included.
Please note:No minimums are required per booking, but this tour will run exclusively for you. The itinerary is therefore flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at the tours highlights that interest you the most.
Inclusions for 3-Day Private Western Cape Highlights Trip From Cape Town
- Private guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 2 nights of accommodation
- Entrance fees to the Cape of Good Hope
- Township visit
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve in Betty's Bay
- Wine, port, cheese and chocolate tasting session
- 2x Breakfast
Exclusions for 3-Day Private Western Cape Highlights Trip From Cape Town
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Duiker Island cruise (approximately R50 per person)
- Shark cage diving (approximately R1450 per person)
Itinerary:Day 1: Cape Town – Hout Bay – Cape Point – Cape of Good Hope – Stellenbosch
Begin with a pickup from your central Cape Town hotel, and then head off in a luxury minivan to Hout Bay, a gorgeous coastal town, roughly an hour’s drive away. With time here spent at your leisure, choose to relax and soak up the town’s timeless beauty, or perhaps take a cruise to nearby Duiker Island (own expense) to see the Cape fur seals that live there.
Next, continue to the Cape of Good Hope, passing along the famous Chapman’s Peak Drive that wraps around the peninsula. On the way, stop at Cape Point, a nature reserve within Table Mountain National Park, encompassing rich flora and fauna alongside rocky cliffs. Here, take a walk along its headland to the lighthouse and see the wild waves of the Atlantic Ocean crashing against Africa’s southwestern tip.
After exploring these dramatic coastal spots on the Atlantic coast, head inland to the town of Stellenbosch, surrounded by soaring mountains, where you’ll check into your accommodation . The rest of the evening is then yours to spend as you wish.
Overnight: 3-star or 4-star accommodation in Stellenbosch
Day 2: Township – Wine Region – Cape Agulhas (B)
After breakfast, meet your guide and set off to a township. With a community leader to show you around, get an insider’s view of local life and learn about the Xhosa tribe’s struggle between modernization and ancient customs.
Next, hop back in your minivan and visit some of the popular wine estates that are scattered around the Western Cape towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Sample some of the country’s most acclaimed wines and ports, pairing them with locally produced cheese and even chocolate. In Franschhoek, you’ll also enjoy free time for lunch (own expense).
Your tour then continues back down to the coast to see Cape Agulhas on the southernmost tip of Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic oceans collide. After a journey of approximately 2.5 hours, arrive at your overnight accommodation and enjoy the evening at your leisure. Overnight: 3-star or 4-star accommodation in Cape Agulhas
Day 3: Hermanus or Gansbaai – Betty's Bay – Cape Town (B)
Either rise at the crack of dawn to go shark cage diving in Gansbaai (own expense), or depart slightly later to visit the popular whale-watching town of Hermanus. Having given your guide your preference the day before, you’ll pack your belongings and head off by coach.
Visiting Hermanus? After an approximate 1.5-hour journey, you’ll have three hours to see the town independently. If you’re visiting during whale-watching season (June to November), you might be able to spot whales from land.
If an adrenaline-pumping cage-diving experience with sharks is more your thing, then you’ll set off by boat from the town of Gansbaai for a 1.5-hour cage dive with South Africa’s notorious great white sharks. All equipment is provided; all you need is your bathing suit.
Later that day, begin the journey back to Cape Town. On route, stop by the famous Betty's Bay penguin reserve to get up close and personal with a large colony of penguins in their natural habitat, before one final last stop at Clarence Drive viewpoint.
Your tour then concludes with a hotel drop-off in the evening.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of two people per booking is required, but this tour will run exclusively run for you. The itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at the tours highlights that interest you the most.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
According to availability at time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned hotel or in one of a similar standard and star rating
The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion, overnight in Hermanus instead of Cape Agulhas
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Cape Peninsula and Boulders Beach Penguins Day Trip from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape Winelands Tour from Cape Town
- 5-Day Garden Route Adventure Tour: Addo National Park, Jeffreys Bay, Wilderness National Park, Cango Wildlife Ranch and Oudtshoorn
- Whale Watching Guided Day Tour from Cape Town
- Whales and Wine Guided Day Tour from Cape Town
- Table Mountain and Cape Town Half-Day Trip