3-Day Small Group Bruny Island Guided Walk From HobartWrite a Review
OverviewThe ultimate Tasmanian short break: This three-day walk takes you from Hobart, via private boat to Bruny Island. Eight guests are treated to coastal walks, produce direct from the source, luxury camping and exquisite meals.
- All-inclusive tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourDay 1
- Step aboard your group's private boat on the Hobart waterfront and explore the river Derwent as you cruise to Bruny Island - this is the only alternative access to the long queues of the Bruny Island ferry.
- Enjoy a guided walk on Bruny Island’s east coast (12-kilometre return, 5-6hrs, no pack required).
- Cool off by wading out into the crystal clear waters of Great Bay and harvesting your own oysters.
- Sleep in a king size bed in a luxury tent and enjoy a hot shower at camp, set on a secluded 100-acres.
- Sit back and enjoy a glass of wine as your guides prepare dinner sourced from the island or in the waters surrounding it.
- Guided walk to East Cloudy Head (12-kilometre return, 5-6hrs, no pack required). for views of Bruny Island’s rugged South Coast and the Southern Ocean.
- Drop by neighbour Ross O’Meara’s farm (of Gourmet Farmer fame) and collect some ingredients for the evening’s meal.
- Gather round the fire with a glass of pinot from Tasmania’s Southernmost vineyard.
- As darkness descends on camp, watch as Tasmania’s unique nocturnal wildlife emerges
- Have some time to yourself and try to spot some of Bruny Island’s 150 species of birds (including all 12 Tasmanian endemics)
- Climb through ancient Gondwanan rainforest to the highest point of Bruny Island, Mt Mangana (4km, 3 hrs)
- Enjoy a multi-course lunch of Bruny Island produce and a farewell drink on the deck of The Jetty Cafe
- Farewell Bruny Island with a scenic boat return trip back to the Hobart waterfront
Inclusions for 3-Day Small Group Bruny Island Guided Walk From Hobart
- 2 nights accommodation - permanent tented cabins
- National Park fees
- Unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local & Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for 3-Day Small Group Bruny Island Guided Walk From Hobart
- Accommodation in Hobart
- Emergency evacuation or emergency search charges (although highly unlikely)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair