OverviewSee the very best of South Africa’s Western Cape on an action-packed 3-day trip from Cape Town! After enjoying dramatic coastal scenery along the Cape Peninsula, visit the Kayamandi Township for a sensitive inside look at post-Apartheid life in the town’s community. Sample esteemed South African wines at estates near Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, and spend your final day relaxing in Hermanus or shark-diving in Gansbaai – the choice is yours!
- Breakfast included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourHead to the Western Capes Atlantic Coast to explore the vibrant fishing village of Hout Bay as well as some must-see spots on the majestic Cape Peninsula namely Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. Jutting out into the Atlantic Ocean, these beautifully dramatic coastal points showcase breathtaking vistas of the ocean against a backdrop of rugged cliffs. Spend time exploring these places independently before staying overnight in Stellenbosch.
On your second day, experience a bit of South African life. An integral part of the Western Capes culture comes from the numerous township residencies that are dotted around the region. These largely underdeveloped towns were once segregated places, reserved for blacks only, until the end of the Apartheid. While still facing undeniable problems today, the townships are a far sight away from the Apartheids dark days, and theres a sense of hope about them. With a community leader, youll visit one of Western Capes most vibrant townships to experience a real sense of community demonstrated by the Xhosa people who live there.
After a sensitive look at this fascinating township, head to the fertile, vineyard-studded hills that frame the towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. During visits to the regions wine estates, sample the wines, ports, cheeses, and chocolate for which the region is famous, and then visit Cape Agulhas -- the southernmost tip of South Africa.
Your 3-day tour finishes with activities in either Hermanus or Gansbaai -- the choice is yours! Spend the morning relaxing in Hermanus, a town well-known as the best place to spot southern right whales, or try cage diving with great white sharks (own expense) in the town of Gansbaai!
Please see the Itinerary below for details on each day of the tour.
Inclusions for 3-Day Western Cape Highlights Trip From Cape Town
- Local guide
- 2 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees to the Cape of Good Hope
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve in Betty's Bay
- Wine, port, cheese and chocolate tasting session
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Breakfast included if 3-Star or 4-Star accommodation chosen
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for 3-Day Western Cape Highlights Trip From Cape Town
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Duiker Island cruise (approximately R50 per person)
- Shark cage diving (approximately R1450 per person)
Itinerary:Breakfast is included both mornings if 3- or 4-Star accommodation option is chosen; all other meals are at own expense and can be enjoyed during free time. Your guide will happily share recommendations for local cafes and restaurants each day.
Day 1: Cape Town – Hout Bay – Cape Point – Cape of Good Hope – Stellenbosch
Leave Cape Town behind and head off by luxury minibus to Hout Bay, a gorgeous coastal town, roughly an hour’s drive away. You’ll have time at leisure here, so either relax, soaking up the town’s timeless beauty, or perhaps take a cruise to nearby Duiker Island (own expense) to see the Cape fur seals that live there.
Your tour continues to the Cape of Good Hope, passing along the famous Chapman’s Peak Drive that wraps around the peninsula. On the way, stop at Cape Point, a nature reserve within Table Mountain National Park, encompassing rich flora and fauna alongside rocky cliffs. At the Cape of Good Hope, take a walk along its headland to the lighthouse and see the wild waves of the Atlantic Ocean crashing against Africa’s southwestern tip. After exploring these dramatic coastal spots on the Atlantic coast, head inland to the town of Stellenbosch, surrounded by soaring mountains, and spend the night here at leisure.
Overnight: 3-star or 4-star accommodation in Stellenbosch or budget BangHoek Place Backpackers
Day 2: Township – Wine Region – Cape Agulhas
After breakfast, meet your guide and set off to a township to experience a taste of township life. With a community leader to show you around, you’ll get an insider’s view of local life and learn about the Xhosa tribe’s struggle between modernization and ancient customs.
Hop back on your mini bus and visit some of the popular wine estates that are scattered around the Western Cape towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Sample some of the country’s most acclaimed wines and ports, pairing them with locally produced cheeses and even chocolate! In Franschhoek, you’ll have time to spend at leisure, so perhaps find a place for lunch (own expense) in what many consider to be South Africa’s gourmet capital.
From Franschhoek, your tour continues back down to the coast to see Cape Agulhas. After a journey of approximately 2.5 hours, arrive at your overnight accommodation here – on the southernmost tip of Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic oceans collide.
Overnight: 3-star or 4-star accommodation in Cape Agulhas or Budget Cape Agulhas Backpackers
Day 3: Hermanus or Gansbaai – Betty's Bay – Cape Town
Either rise at the crack of dawn to go shark cage diving in Gansbaai (own expense), or depart slightly later to visit the popular whale-watching town of Hermanus. Having given your guide your preference the day before, you’ll pack your belongings and head off by coach.
Visiting Hermanus? After approximately 1.5 hours on board your mini bus, you’ll have three hours to see the town independently. Perhaps enjoy some land-based whale watching -- just note that the whale-watching season runs from June to November.
If an adrenaline-pumping cage diving experience with sharks is more your thing, then you’ll set off by boat from the town of Gansbaai for a 1.5-hour cage dive with South Africa’s notorious great white sharks. All equipment is provided; all you need is your bathing suit!
On the way back to Cape Town, you'll pass the famous Betty's Bay penguin reserve to get up close and personal with a large colony of penguins in their natural habitat, before one final last stop at Clarence Drive viewpoint. Arrive back into Cape Town between 5 and 8pm.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
According to availability at time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned hotel or in one of a similar standard and star rating
The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, overnight in Hermanus instead of Cape Agulhas
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Full-Day Foodie Tour In Cape Town
- Cape Town Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- Sunset And Dine Afternoon Tour In Cape Town
- Private Shore Excursion: Cape Of Good Hope From Cape Town
- Marine Big 5 Adventure From Cape Town
- Half-Day Walk To Freedom Private Tour In Cape Town
- Full-Day Fine Wine And Craft Beer Tour In Constantia From Cape Town
- Half-Day Walk To Freedom Tour In Cape Town
- Cape Town City And Constantia Wine Route Private Day Tour
- Township Tour Of Cape Town