3-Days Lhasa Everest Kathmandu Nepal Overland Adventure Of Tibet
OverviewThis famous 3 daysSino Tibet-Nepal highway landscape adventure from Lhasa to Kyirong border takes travelers to visit the most famous tourists attractions such as Lake Yamdrok, Karola Glacier and Mt. Everest. It offers amazing views of the Himalaya and the picturesque Tibetan countryside. If you want to join this overland guided transport, please arrange your Tibet travel permits (50 USD per person) with the same tour supplier Tibet Ctrip Travel Service TCTS (www.TibetCtrip.com)at least 20 days in advance.
Know More about this tourDay1 Lhasa-Lake Yamdrok-Karola Glacier-Gyantse-Shigatse
We will visit Yamdrok Lake, one of the must-see attraction between Lhasa and Everest Base Camp. Yamdrok Lake, also called Yamdrok Yumtso, is a lake with two long arms of water, making it look like a scorpion from the sky. This shape means you can never see its shape from around it. From Gyantse, you can see one arm, and follow it until it disappears around a bend in the shore which makes it difficult to estimate the size of the lake. So never give a miss to this highlight alpine lake. Later we will pass and enjoy the Karola Glacier on the roadside. Then we will take a visit to Pelkor Chode Monastery, the main monastery in Gyantse. Pelkhor Choede in Gyantse town is located about 260 km to the south of Lhasa and 100 km to the southeast of Shigatse city.
Day 2 Shigatse-Shegar-Everest Base Camp
In the morning, we will visit the home of Panchan Lama - Tashilunpo Monastery and then drive to Lhatse, a small town located 150 km to the west of Shigatse, and you may have lunch in local restaurant. After a short rest, you will go ahead to Tingri. You will pass Tsola Pass(4600m), and Gyatsola Pass(5248m). In the late afternoon, you enter Mt. Everest National Nature Reserve. You can enjoy the panorama of Himalaya at Gawula Pass (5198m).Then we drive along the New paved zigzag road to Rongpuk or the Tent Camp to stay overnight. If the weather is good, you can have a clear view of the sunset of golden Everest peak. Usually between May and October 15, we will carry on the last few kilometers to Everest Tent Camp to stay at campsite's nomad tenthouse, while from Oct.15 till end of April, we will stay at Rongbuk Monasterys guesthouse or probably at Tashitsong town, 40 km from Everest Base Camp with lower altitude.
Stay overnight in Nomad Tent or Rongbuk or Tashitsong village guesthouse subject to availability and weather condition
Day 3 EBC Gyirong Border 370 km, Approx. 8 hrs
Get local basic breakfast by yourself, and you are suggested to bring along some cookies, instant coffee. etc. of your own. You can get up early and enjoy the sunrise of Everest Peak at lodging area if the weather is good. And then, you can take the eco-bus to the Everest Base Camp. If you like trekking, you can do a short trek from the tent guesthouses community to the actual Everest Base Camp. For the 4km, it will take you about 1.5-2 hours on your physical condition. After sightseeing, we will drive to Gyirong, the border which connects Tibet & Nepal. On the way, travelers can enjoy breathtaking vista of Mt. Shishapangma and the Pekutso Lake. After passing the Ghungtang Lhamo(5236m), we will arrive in Gyirong in late afternoon.
Day 4 Final Departure, tour ends once your guide and driver drop you off.
All above hotel is not included.
Inclusions for 3-Days Lhasa Everest Kathmandu Nepal Overland Adventure Of Tibet
- English-speaking local guide
- Transport by shared tour vehicle
- Safe tourism driver with suitable driving licence
- Oxygen cylinderin the car
- Bottled Mineral water (two bottles per person a day, 500 ml/bottle)
- Travel agency's liability insurance
Exclusions for 3-Days Lhasa Everest Kathmandu Nepal Overland Adventure Of Tibet
- Tibet travel permits (50 USD per person, please arrange in advance)
- Admission fee per tickets price to be paid to site ticketing office at attraction site
- 3 nights accommodation (US$50-65 per twin share room night in Shigatse city using Gesar Hotel or Manasarovar, US$20 per bed for guesthouse near EBC or Rongphu Monastery, and US$20-25 per bed at Kyirong border)--to be paid to accommodation directly
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks
- China Visa
- Traveler's individual travel insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Final departure from Kyirong border to Nepal is on Day 4 morning, tour ends when you leave Tibet
The more people sign up at a time, the cheaper price it will be for each traveler
Travelers must have at least 2-3 nights in Lhasa before joining this overland trip
For supplier to apply your permits, travelers should book the Tibet permits (50 USD per person with the same tour supplier) at least 20 days prior to arrival date in Lhasa
Travelers must provide the Actual LHASA arrival date and entry point city (Eg. Sept.10 Chengdu to Lhasa)
Traveler needs to provide photocopy of valid passport and China visa at least 20 days before Lhasa arrival date
Traveler needs to provide Lhasa hotel information
Traveler needs to provide contact name, phone number, and hotel or residential address in mainland China before entering Tibet for Travel Permits delivery (This could be your hotel address or living address in China)
All China visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler if they travel from mainland China to Tibet
During this tour, the altitude you will travel is ranging from 11,975 feet (3,650 meters) to 17,060 feet (5,200 meters) above sea level. It is common for travelers to experience adverse health effects due to this altitude regardless of age, gender, and fitness level.
Rest breaks are available at any time throughout tour if you find walking to be too strenuous due to the elevation
Minimum age is 6 years.
Tibet weather and climate may infect the Everest peak view experience
Tibet weather changes often and this may result to road condition change, local tour supplier reserves the rights to adjust and optimize the actual tour itinerary according to the local weather, climate, road and travel policy situation.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Drepung & Sera Monastery on Budget-Lhasa Day Tour
- 16 Days Kailash Everest Group Tour by Tibet Local Operator
- 8-Day Best Everest Group Tour with Flexible Lhasa Tour Booking after Arrival
- 8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
- 3-Night Lhasa Sightseeing Group Tour Including Welcome Meal
- Yamdrok Lake Highlight Day Tour
- Private Tibet Tour Car Rental
- 10-12 Days Tibet Travel Permits Pass for Flexible Tours