3-Days Merzouga Desert Small-Group Guided Tour From Marrakech - Marrakesh
OverviewHead to the famous dunes of Merzouga where the horizon has no limits! This small group tour start from Marrakech and continues to the south side of Morocco for 3 days and 2 nights with half board breakfast and dinner. You will visit some of the most interesting sites in Morocco, such as Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, including the magnificent Dades and Erg Chebbi sand dunes,a ride with camels is scheduled to join your camp among the dunes
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Breakfast included
- Hotel pickup included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Night and Half board (D)
Leave Marrakech, and follow a well-maintained road to the High Atlas Mountains. After about an hour, the road starts to wind its way along one of the most scenic roads in Morocco across a landscape of terraced wheat fields, cacti, waving palm trees and endless views. As the road begins to descend, the scenery changes drastically as suddenly as you enter a desert-like area. Soon, the imposing Kasbah At Benhaddou will loom up like a mirage. A kasbah is a kind of citadel, composed of high-walled buildings of clay mixed with straw; historically used to shelter to entire village communities. At the gate to the Kasbah a small entrance fee (about 1) will be required. At the top of the Kasbah, there is a fantastic view across the surrounding countryside and of the citadel itself giving you the sense of entering a medieval world with a warren of narrow lanes. After lunch, set-off on again and drive through the fertile valley to Dades Gorges. Encounter bright green palm valleys and rugged mountain peaks in all shapes and colours alternated by small traditional villages and breath-taking views. From here, there is another 40 minutes drive passing wonderful colorful rock formations. When the cliffs begin to get narrower enter a kind of gorge reaching your destination a small, scenic mountain hotel. Moments later you will be greeted by the friendly owner.
Day 2: Night and Half board (B,D)
After breakfast, start your journey driving through the edges of the Sahara Desert and pass through scattered Berber villages along the way towards the Erg Chebbi desert at Merzouga. Perched on a trusty camel, you will softly plod into the sea of golden sand dunes as experienced camel-drivers lead the way to our camp in the desert. Once at the camp, you will enjoy a delicious dinner and will spend a night camping out and sleep under an incredible canopy of stars.
Day 3: (B)
Witness an amazing sunrise over the dunes in the Sahara Desert one of the most memorable moments of this trip. After breakfast go back on the camels heading to Merzouga. Then ride back to Marrakech via the city of Ouarazazate where you'll have time for lunch and a visit to the famous Taourirt Kasbah. Continue to Marrakech, crossing the Atlas Mountains and Berber villages. Arrival in the evening and then be dropped-off at a central location in Marrakech.
Inclusions for 3-Days Merzouga Desert Small-Group Guided Tour From Marrakech
- 2 nights accommodation
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Camel trekking in the desert
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, D=dinner)
Exclusions for 3-Days Merzouga Desert Small-Group Guided Tour From Marrakech
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.