OverviewGet your adrenaline pumping with this 3-hour guided kayak tour in Orlando. An experienced local guide will set you up with all the gear you need to enjoy a challenging tour of Shingle Creek. Your certified guide will ensure your safety the entire time and the experience is ideal for the more advanced skill level.
Know More about this tourThis 3-hour guided kayak tour starts at The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek, located directly off of Hwy 192. You will paddle on Shingle Creek, which are the headwaters of the Everglades.
After a safety briefing and instruction on kayaking, you will quickly enter an ecological gem that is rated one of the top paddling trails in Florida. Within 20 minutes you enter an old-growth cypress forest that is both serene and stunningly beautiful. Your guide will tell you all about the rich ecology and history of Shingle Creek.
Travel over 2 miles through this enchanted eco-system. Due to variations in water level, either because of recent rain events of lack thereof, you may need to exit your kayak and pull it over fallen trees, roots and other obstacles; sometimes for 20 plus yards! This 'adventure' component is not for the faint of heart, so being physically able and possessing moderate kayak skills is a must.
All guides have ACA Instructor certification, as well as First Aid, CPR & AED certification.
Adults and teenagers (13 years and older) can participate given they meet minimum strength and kayaking experience standards.
Inclusions for 3-Hour Adventure Challenge Guided Kayak Tour
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Kayak rental
- Life Jacket
- Water and snacks
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for 3-Hour Adventure Challenge Guided Kayak Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 13 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
We recommend you wear shorts, light shirt / top, sandals, hat and bring sunblock
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.