3-Hour Cultural Walking Tour Of OradeaWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy a 3-hour walking tour in Bihor county and explore the city of Oradea and its cultural highlights with your guide. Oradea, the capitol city of Bihor county, is one of the important economic, social and cultural centers of north-western Romania. The city is holding on to these characteristics throughout its history. Oradea is nestled among hills that divide and unify the Crisana Plains and the hill-like limits of the Apuseni Mountains in a harmonious way. Located on the Crisul Repede River, which divides the city into almost equal halves, Oradea is the gateway to Central and Western Europe. Located about 10 km from Bors â the biggest border point on the western border â Oradea ranks tenth in size out of the Romanian cities.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourBe picked up from your hotel by your guide as well as dropped back off at your hotel after your walking tour.
See Oradea Fortress, an architectural monument in Romania and one of the few functional castles till now. They say that the city could not be conquered because of the vast underground network of links with the outside. The dike with water of the fortress was filled in case of siege with thermal water (through supplies) from Peta spring. Today, inside the fortress was founded the Department of Visual Arts, University of Oradea.The construction belongs to King Ladislau I (1077-1095) who decided to build a monastery in honor of Virgin Mary, a place called Varad - Chronicle painted in Vienna (Chronicon pictum Vindobonensae) the cradle of the future Catholic bishopric. Around the old fortress, of an irregular shape, slightly oval, the new fortress was built , of pentagonal shape, to protect the buildings inside and the settlements around.
Other sights you will see on this 3-hour walking tour are Moskovits Miksa Palace (Stil secession, built 1911, architects: Vago brothers), Poynar House (Secession, built 1906-1907, architect: Sztarill Ferencz), Fuchsl Palace (built 1902-1903, architect: Balint Zoltan, Jambor Lajos), Adorjan House (Secession Style, built 1903, architect: Komor Marcell, Jakab Dezso), Apollo Palace (Secession, built 1912-1916, architect: Rimánoczy K.), The Moon Church (Baroque, built 1784-1832, architect: Iacob Eder), Rimanoczy Palac (Eclectic, built 1905, architect: Rimánoczy Kálmán Sr), The Bazaar Building (Eclectic, built 1900, architect: Rimánoczy Kálmán sr.), Levay Palace (Eclectic, built 1894, architect: Hanzlia) and Sztarill Palace (Secession, built 1902-1906, architect: Sztarill Ferencz).
Inclusions for 3-Hour Cultural Walking Tour Of Oradea
- Tour guide service
- Walking tour
- Pick up and drop off at the customer hotel
Exclusions for 3-Hour Cultural Walking Tour Of Oradea
- Entrance fees
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise preferred departure time at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.