3-Hour Food Tour In Qibao Water Town From Shanghai
OverviewQibao Town, literally: "Seven Treasures Town" in Chinese, and it is a town in Minhang District, Shanghai. If you are a foodie and also like scenery of the ancient town, this tour fits you well. This 3-hour small group tour takes you to see the closest ancient water town near by Shanghai city - Qibao, where you can enjoy the beautiful scenery ofsmall alleyways, picturesque canals, and historical architectures of Ming and Qing dynasties. In addition, you will taste up to 8 different kinds of street food, such as Haitang cakecrab-meat dumplings, steaming sticky rice ball (tangyuan) soup, fried potatoes, muttons with source and many other choices.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourChoose your tour option and a morning or afternoon departure when you book. Then, meet your guide in Peoples Square in central Shanghai and set off on your 3-hour food tour by subway to Qibao Ancient Town.
Upon arrival, take a stroll along Qibao Old Street, home to many Ming- and Qing-dynasty buildings and architectural styles. Stop for photos on the beautiful stone bridges that span Qibaos canals, and check out some of the many interesting souvenir shops as you walk.
Continue into the southern part of Old Street, famous for its food shops and street snacks, and stop to taste up to eight different specialities from the following selection:
- Haitang cake (sweet cake)
- Crab-meat dumpling
- Tangyuan soup (sticky rice dumpling sweet soup)
- Fried potato balls
- Cooked mutton with sauce
- Colored steamed buns
- Tofu jelly
- Lotus leaf pork
- Beggars Chicken (stuffed, wrapped, and roasted chicken)
- Vegetarian chicken (bean curd roll)
Then, after your 3-hour tour, head for a massage center and enjoy a relaxing 60-minute Chinese foot massage (if option selected).
Your tour finishes after your tea tasting or foot massage when your guide shows you back to the subway station and provides directions to your hotel from there.
Inclusions for 3-Hour Food Tour In Qibao Water Town From Shanghai
- Food tastings
- Tea tasting
- Local guide
- Subway tickets
- 1-hour foot massage if option is selected
Exclusions for 3-Hour Food Tour In Qibao Water Town From Shanghai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
This tour offers 1-hour Chinese foot massage option if you wish to relax a bit after your 3-hour walking tour (in this case, your entire tour duration is 4 hours.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.