3 Hour Jewish Ghetto Tiberina Island And Trastevere Elite Tour - RomeWrite a Review
OverviewThis 3 hour tour takes you through the completely off beat destinations of Rome. Here you will experience how people lived during the Empire age and the renaissance period. Understand the jewish lifestyle by visiting their age old ghetto and synagogue and see many more attractions.
Know More about this tour
On this tour, you will see a different Rome and cross between centuries as you discover treasures from the Empire Age, the Renaissance period until the World Wars! Your itinerary starts with the Jewish Ghetto, one of the most ancient ghettos in Italy and Europe. The itinerary starts with a pleasure walk into the district of Trastevere. This area needs no introduction, it is famous for its restaurants and pubs and for the magic atmosphere, especially in the evening. The Medieval origin is evident everywhere but few people know that it is so rich in art. By walking down to Via della Lungaretta you'll arrive at the square that hosts the Basilica of St. Maria in Trastevere, one of Rome’s medieval gems. We will go inside the church and admire its apse containing the famous mosaics. After the visit of Trastevere, we will walk toward the banks of the Tiber River until reaching the Ponte Fabricio that links the Tiberina Island. The island itself offers an amazing walk: the typical houses, courtyards and streets are miniscent of its medieval origin and will surely enchant you. After this interesting stop we will proceed into one of the most famous and ancient parts of Rome, the Jewish quarter. Founded in 1555, it is one of the ancient Ghettos throughout Italy and Europe. Its main sign is undoubtedly the Synagogue built in 1904 which you will also see from inside. Behind the Synagogue runs Via del Portico d’Ottavia which owes its name to the ruins of the ancient portico built on 1st century B.C. Next, it stands the church of St. Angelo in Pescheria. The tour ends here, in the very centre of the town. You can then continue a fun and relaxing walk in the district and stop at any of the many restaurants or pizzerias offering Italian typical meals.
Inclusions for 3 Hour Jewish Ghetto Tiberina Island And Trastevere Elite Tour
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance to the Synagogue
- Hotel pick-up (if option booked)
Exclusions for 3 Hour Jewish Ghetto Tiberina Island And Trastevere Elite Tour
- hotel drop-off
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.