3-Hour Private Old Town Walking Tour Including Afternoon Tea At A Local Cafe - Krakow
OverviewThis 3-hour walking tour will give you a deeper look into Krakow's history. Take a stroll through the old town while visiting Krakows most important sites; St. Mary's basilica, the Jagiellonian University, and the Wawel Castle. Not only will we be covering the facts but the legends and myths that shape the city. Learn why this city has become one of the most famous in central Europe in terms of science, trade, and culture. Not only will you hear about Krakow's history, but also of the current events that shape the city today and how they came to be. Stop at one of Krakow's numerous historic cafes for coffee, tea and/or hot chocolate along the way.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
After meeting, guests will be briefed about the background of the city before setting off on a walk of the historic old town of Krakow.
The first stop on the tour is the largest medieval market square in Europe, where you will see the old town hall. Continue on through the market stalls of the Cloth Hall, where guests will learn about the knife that hangs above one of the passage ways, the art displayed on the second floor, and Vlademir Lenins favorite cafe. From the cloth hall you will head toward Krakow's iconic St. Mary's Basilica where youll climb to the top of the trumpateers tower, one of the highest viewpoints in Krakow. Here you will be able to observe Krakow from the perspective of the bugle player (Thursday to Saturday). While on the square you will see the statue of Poland's greatest poet Adam Mickiewicz and the church of St. Aldebart, which has stood in this spot for a 1000 years.
Stroll along the Royal Route and down Grodzka street towards the Wawel Castle. Along the way you will pass St. Andrew's church, as well as the largest baroque Church in Krakow, St. Peter and Paul's. From there you will have a peek inside the courtyard of Krakow's oldest university faculty, the Jagiellonian University's facutly of Law. Once you ascend the Wawel hill youll have a chance to see the original castle walls, the Dragon den, remains of the oldest settlements, the royal courtyard and gardens, as well as the Wawel cathedral.
From the Wawel hill you will headalong the Planty gardens to the church and cloister of the Franciscan brothers where youll see some of Polands most famous Art Nouveau pieces as well as some of the oldest wall murals inside the monastery's cloister.
Enjoy tea or coffee in one of Krakows famous cafes. Beverages are included in the tour price.
While walking along the street of St. Anne you will come to the oldest building of the Jagiellonian University, the Collegium Maius. Here you may gaze inside at its wondrous courtyard and garden before reaching the Collegium Novum; a university building related to the Nazi occupation of Poland.
After having a look at the church of St. Annes baroque fasade you will make your way to one of the smaller squares in the old town Saint Stevens. From there youll return to the original starting point.
Inclusions for 3-Hour Private Old Town Walking Tour Including Afternoon Tea At A Local Cafe
- Entrance fees
- Afternoon coffee or tea
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for 3-Hour Private Old Town Walking Tour Including Afternoon Tea At A Local Cafe
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum number of passengers per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Krakow Private Tour of Kazimierz Including Old Jewish Quarter
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial Guided Tour from Krakow
- Dunajec River Gorge and Niedzica Castle from Krakow
- Pieskowa Skala Castle and Czestochowa including the 'Black Madonna' Day Tour from Krakow
- Krakow Airport Arrival Transfer
- Krakow Balice Airport Transfer