To experience a culture one must experience their cuisine and since Vilnius always was a multicultural city, its cuisine is a part of rich history and everyday life. This 3-hour food walking tour in Vilnius takes you through the most attractive parts of the city as well as through the neighborhood where Insiders live and eat.
This food tour including seven stops with tastings (and even shopping) of typical everyday snacks, homemade products, drinks and sweets starts from Hales (Halls) market and covers Old Town and Uupis district. The local guide will tell you stories about origins, traditional way of preparation and consuming of the dishes so you really will eat like an Insider. Stops include:
- Home made products of the season;
- Visit to local Coffee house chain;
- Aged cheese with honey and local wine;
- Handmade chocolate;
- Homemade bread, cottage cheese and cake;
- Variety of a local fish;
- Homemade beer and typical snacks at a local beer pub.