OverviewThis 4 days of jungle safari starts either from Kathmandu or Pokhara. It visits one of the popular tourist destinations, Chitwan National Park. The park is declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site and located in lowland of the Terai plains of Nepal. It shelters 50 species of flora and 700 species of wild fauna. Elephant safari, jeep drive, jungle walks, bird watching and visiting the Tharu village are the main activities to spot wildlife and know the local culture during the safari program.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourDay 01: Kathmandu/Pokhara – Chitwan
Early in the morning, you shall be transferred from your hotel at to the bus station for the drive to Chitwan. (The tour can begin either from Kathmandu - 5hr drive or Pokhara - 4hr drive). Upon arrival in Chitwan, you shall be escorted to lodge from the bus station where a fine lunch awaits you. After lunch, you shall join the Tharu Village Tour to get more insight of the daily lives of the locals. Later on enjoy beautiful sunset at the nearby Sunset View-point. In the evening enjoy a cultural program of ‘Tharu Stick Dance’ performed by the local Tharu community and later on join a dinner at the lodge’s restaurant. Overnight at Lodge. (L/D)
Day 02: In Chitwan
After breakfast, go for bird watching. More than 500 species have been recorded only in Chitwan such as Cormorants, Lesser Adjutant Stork, Blue Indian Roller, Hornbills, Stor k billed Kingfishers, Grey headed Eagles, Ruby Cheeked Sunbird, Bengal Florican, Largetailed Night jar, Asian Paradise Flycatcher, Beaters & Lesser Florican etc. After lunch, canoeing in the Rapti River on traditional dug-out canoe spotting different mammals/birds. The day ends with a dinner at the jungle lodge’s restaurant. Overnight at Lodge. (B/L/D)
Day 03: In Chitwan
Wake-up call at dawn and take an exciting and invigorating walk through the lush sub-tropical jungles of Chitwan. Trained naturalists take you to prime spots to view deer, rhinos, sloth bears and other wildlife. They will also give you interesting information about the various plants and animals of the jungle throughout your walk. Later on return back to the resort where breakfast will be ready. Lunch will be at noon. During the afternoon, you shall hop on a jeep and go for exhilarating jeep drive deep in the jungle again for sightings of more animals such as monkeys, one-horned rhinos, deer, wild boars etc and even ‘Tiger’ if luck favors. Dinner will be at the restaurant in the evening. Overnight at Lodge. (B/L/D)
Day 04: Chitwan - Kathmandu/Pokhara
After your breakfast in the morning and you shall be transferred to the bus station for the drive back to Kathmandu/Pokhara at 9am. In Kathmandu, you shall be transferred to your hotel. (B)
Inclusions for 3-Night Wildlife Adventure Tour From Kathmandu
- 3 nights accommodation in Deluxe A/C room
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- National park and conservation area permit & fees
- Experienced Safari guide
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off
- A/C bus to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Government Tax
- Tourist service charge
Exclusions for 3-Night Wildlife Adventure Tour From Kathmandu
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Accommodation in Lodge/Hotels in Chitwan
Chitwan Jungle Safari is for all ages group
For clothing, neutral colored clothing is recommended. Light clothing is needed for day time with a sweater and warm jacket for the evenings from November to March. Comfortable walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses etc. are essential. Insect repellent and personal medical requirements should be carried. During the warmer months swimming suits are recommended
Best Season is in Autumn (Sept. to Dec.) and spring (March to May) when the sub-tropical weather is at its best. Especially during autumn the clear weather will also help spot the elusive wild animals
Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.