30-Minute Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Sightseeing Flight From Bakki Airport
OverviewOn this 30-minute sightseeing flight you will fly over the famous EyjafjallajÃ¶kull volcano ice cap, best known for being the volcano that erupted in 2010, stopping all air traffic in Europe. You will fly over the main crater and the glacier tongue of GÃgjÃ¶kull, where the melt water that found its path from the crater during the eruption, You will also see the magnificent ÃÃ³rsmÃ¶rk nature reserve and the surrounding glaciers.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
Choose from several different departure times and make your way to Bakki airport where your flight will begin. Prior to your tour, you will meet your pilot who will explain the flight plan.
As you take off in your sightseeing plane you might gaze down at the riverbeds of the glacial river Markafljt which reach all the way into the highlands. As you get closer to the mountains you will see some of the most popular sights in Iceland from above, such as Seljalandsfoss, Paradsarfoss and Gljfrabi. On your way into the unique valley of rsmrk you will notice a lot of waterfalls running down from the glacier Eyjafjallajkull.
As your pilot flies closeer to the mountains you will see Eyjafjallajlkull and its mesmerizing cliffs and waterfalls on your right hand side. On your left you might also see Tindfjll, which was once the biggest volcano of Iceland, until an explosive eruption happened, the date of which is unknown, and turned the volcano into the mountain range it is today. Almost in every direction you will see volcanoes. Your pilot will fly you in a circle around the glacier top where you might see craters after the eruption in 2010. Further into the rsmrk valley you will also fly over Fimmvruhls: a popular walking trail and home to the two volcanic craters Magni and Mi. Finally you will see the famous Skgafoss waterfall from above and the stunning black beaches of the south coast before landing back at Bakki airport where your tour ends.
Inclusions for 30-Minute Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Sightseeing Flight From Bakki Airport
Fixed-wing air tour
Landing and facility fees
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for 30-Minute Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Sightseeing Flight From Bakki Airport
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.