30-Minute Two Capes And Tasman Helicopter Flight From Port Arthur
OverviewAt the Southern end of Cape Pillar sits Tasman Island, a natural fortress of 300-meter sea cliffs and home to the historic light house that stands proud to this day. Take in the spectacular coastal scenery by soaring above this icon, the notorious surfing landmark of Shipstern Bluff and the Port Arthur Historic site on a 30-minute scenic helicopter flight.
Know More about this tourArriving at the Port Arthur Heli Base overlooking the lavender farm and out to the ocean, you will be greeted by ground staff who will run through a short safety briefing and overview of the flight path. You will board the helicopter and be introduced to your pilot who will get you up in the air in no time.
The first treat is a pass of the Port Arthur Historic site, Point Puer and the Tasman golf course with a loop from a distance to ensure everyone on board has a good view. Continue South following the sea cliffs of Cape Pillar, the nose of the helicopter pointing towards Tasman Island. Crossing over end of the cape you may catch walkers on the Three Capes Track waving as we pass above. Tasman Island comes into view as the pilot make some passes from a distance to get that perfect shot of the mighty sea cliffs and lighthouse atop.
Heading West from this point continue over the top of one of the Tasman Peninsulas hidden gems, Crescent Bay. Home to beautiful sand, crystal clear water and sand dunes, be sure to ask the pilot how to get in there after your flight! Pass by Remarkable Cave as the flight turns South West towards Cape Raoul and Shipstern Bluff. Keep your eyes peeled for brave surfers trying to catch the famous 'double wave' that forms off the bluff.
The return towards Port Arthur will take you over farmland and right near McHenrys Distillery. On good clear days you will be able to see Mt Wellington and Bruny Island off in the distance to the West.
Inclusions for 30-Minute Two Capes And Tasman Helicopter Flight From Port Arthur
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Helicopter tour
Exclusions for 30-Minute Two Capes And Tasman Helicopter Flight From Port Arthur
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.