35-Minute Helicopter Flight Including Glacier Landing From WanakaWrite a Review
OverviewYour 35-minute helicopter flight provides a once-in-a-lifetime experience to step on an ancient Glacier at 7,000 ft (2,300m) with breathtaking views across Mount Aspiring National Park. Your flight takes you from the Matukituki Valley above extensive valleys carved out by glaciers thousands of years ago across snow capped peaks to land on a glacier with stunning 360-degree views of the surrounding Southern Alps.
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small group ensures personal service
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourYour flight will take-off from our base (address provided on voucher). Take a scenic 25-minute drive from Wanaka Township to the base and check-in at the hangar at least 15 minutes prior to your flight time. Flight times are flexible, operating on demand between 8am and 4pm.
Take-off and enjoy the scenic flight from the base in Matukituki Valley above extensive valleys carved out by glaciers thousands of years ago. Relax as you watch the stunning scenery pass by below and around you. See it like never before.
Cross snow-capped peaks and land on a glacier at 7000 ft (2,300m)! You will be given up to 10 minutes on the Glacier to take photos and enjoy the snow.
During this unique experience take in the stunning 360-degree views of the surrounding Southern Alps. Your pilot will provide commentary on the scenery and surrounding area during your flight on your two-way headsets.
Inclusions for 35-Minute Helicopter Flight Including Glacier Landing From Wanaka
- Small-group tour
- Live commentary on board
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for 35-Minute Helicopter Flight Including Glacier Landing From Wanaka
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to confirm departure
Subject to suitable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Passengers will be weighed on arrival to ensure comfort on the aircraft as well as balance of the aircraft
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.