OverviewEmbark on this 4-day, 3-night, river cruise with a small group of no more than 6. Discover the area where rivers meet to form the Amazon River before spending your night capturing and releasing alligators. Observe rubber milk's production and how to prepare flour from a rustic mill. Swim and fish for piranhas after enjoying delicious daily meals prepared by an on-board cook.
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourDay 1: Amazon River and January Lake (L,D)
After getting picked up from your Manaus hotel, begin your journey to the meeting of the waters. There, you will observe the Rio Negro and Solimes that together, form the Amazon River. Next, visit the January Lake, where you will see the floating homes located on an inundated area due to the the flooding period of the river. Visit a fair of local crafts, and ride on canoes into the lake Igaps where we can see some wild animals like monkeys, sloths, anaconda, a variety of birds and water lilies.
Later, fish for piranhas and other species, before heading back to the boat to observe the sunset and get ready to the night tour. During the night tour you will be watch alligators using flashlights sending bright light into their eyes. After watch them, the guide will tell you about the magnificent creature, then over.. Enjoy dinner on the boat. Overnight: Onboard Cabins
Day 2: Paraiso Village (B,L,D)
Wake up at 5:30am to enjoy the birds and local flora. Enjoy breakfast before heading to the Paraiso village where you see demonstrations and learn the history of the manufacture and marketing of rubber milk extracted from the rubber tree. Stop by a local beach to swim before breaking for lunch. After lunch time, you will visit an indigenous community and interact with the local tribe participating in a ritual and folk dancing (optional). Continuing on the route, sail on until you reach a spot selected by your guide where you can walk along a trail. Set up camp there and enjoy a campfire BBQ dinner. Overnight: Camp
Day 3: Anavilhanas and Flour Mill (B,L,D)
Join an early morning jungle trail at 6:00am and return to the boat for breakfast. Afterwards, head to the archipelago of Anavilhanas to explore its Igaps by canoe. Lunch time will occur as the boat crosses the Rio Negro, thereby making interaction with the Tucuxi dolphins.
Continue along the Black River to visit the house of a Ribeirinho to learn about the flour mill and get a lesson on how to prepare cassava flour. Return to the boat to dinner and a night canoe ride. Overnight: Onboard Cabins
Day 4: Cruise Departure (B,L)
Enjoy a filling breakfast at 7:00am before exploring on the Ariau River. Fish for piranhas as you observe the birds and monkeys in their day to day lives. Have lunch, swim in the river, then at 1:00pm, begin your journey back to Manaus. Upon request, your guide will bring you back to your accommodations or the airport.
Inclusions for 4-Day Amazon River Cruise From Manaus On The 'Araujo'
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 3 nights accommodations
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
Exclusions for 4-Day Amazon River Cruise From Manaus On The 'Araujo'
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.