Officially, Harbin International Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival starts every winter and lasts for two month. Exhibition often opens earlier and might stay longer if weather allows. While ice sculptures are erected throughout the city, there are two main exhibition areas:
- Sun Island(Tai Yang Dao): a recreational area on the opposite side of the Songhua River from the city, which features an expo of enormous snow sculptures(Harbin Snow Fair).
- Ice and Snow World: an area open at night which features illuminated full size buildings made from blocks of 2 to 3 feet-thick ice taken directly from the Songhua River.
Itinerary (Attraction tickets are not included unless you choose All Inclusive Package upon booking):Day 1: Arriving Harbin - City Tour - Songhua river ropeway- Russion town- Ice swimming show -Longta Tower - Ice Lantern Show - Zhaolin Park (L)
Pickup from airport by your private guide and car and transfer to your own prearranged Harbin hotel. If you choose to meet at your own prearranges Harbin hotel lobby at 9:00am, you may visit Saint Sophia Cathedral,Zhongyang Pedestrian Street, and Songhua River ropeway , russian town and Harbin Longta tower, At night, explore Harbin Ice Lantern Show. You will spend around 1 to 1.5 hours inside Zhaolin Park and then visit other parts of the festival.
Day 2: Sun Island Snow Festival -Harbin Polarland-Siberian Tiger park - Ice and Snow World (L)
After pickup from your own prearranged Harbin hotel, start your day with Harbin Snow Fair on Sun Island,then go to Harbin Polarland to see polar animals, bear, penguin... and the world unique show beluga show. Lunch for break, after continue to go to Siberian Tiger Park and Ice and Snow World. You will have 2 to 3 hours to explore Ice and Snow World and another 2 hours for snow sculptures.
Day 3: Skiing (L)
Today, Skiing a day near Harbin ski resort, if not skiing , you can enjoy other attraction, like Unit 731 Museum,Architectural Museum,Heilongjiang Museum,Harbin Confucian Temple,Temple of Bliss (Jile Si),Daotai Mansion Ruins,Guandong Ancient Lane, the local city attractions
Day 4: Volga Manor - Departing Harbin (L)
Today visit Volga Manor during daytime, if time allows, before going to the airport
Daily Lunch Options (choose one)
- Dumplings at famous Harbin local dumpling restaurant, Oriental King Dumpling or Happy Home Dumpling
- Tradition Charcoal-Burning Hot Pot (Tanhuoguo)
- Fish and Tofu Stewed in Iron Pot (Tieguodunyun)
- Northeast Pork Cuisine (Dongbeishazhucai)
- Manchurian Stew (Dongbeichaocai and Duncai)
Lunch Drink Options (choose one):
- Harbin Beer
- Soft drink