4-Day Maasai Mara And Lake Nakuru Safari From Nairobi
OverviewMaasai Mara is a large game reserve measuring 1,510 kilometers. It is famous for its exceptional population of lions, leopards, cheetahs and its annual migration of zebra and wildebeest which occurs from July to October hence known as the great migration. Lake Nakuru is found in the central part of Kenya and is one of the Rift valley soda lakes with an elevation of 1754 meters above sea level. The park is famous for the big five and bird’s sanctuary.
- All entrance fees included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourDay 1: Nairobi - Great Rift Valley - Maasai Mara (L/D)
Early in the morning, you will be picked up in Nairobi by the driver/guide and provide a briefing on your safari before we depart for Maasai Mara. Along the way, there will be a stop over at the Great Rift Valley where you can take photos of the sheer drop of the Rift Valley, as well as the nearby Suswa Ranges and Mount Longonot. Upon arrival at Mara, you can settle in and rest before proceeding to an afternoon game drive at Maasai Mara National Reserve. Accommodation: Budget Tented Camp
Day 2: Maasai Mara (B/L/D)
After breakfast, you will leave for a full day game drive in Maasai Mara National Park. This is home to over 3 million large mammals. Our experienced tour guide/driver will take you in search for the famous Big 5 among other animals: Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino, Hyena, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog, Giraffe, Zebra, Antelope, Wildebeest, and various bird species. Picnic lunch will be served at Mara River as you witness the famous migration. Accommodation: Budget Tented Camp
Visit to a Maasai Village
An optional visit to a Masai village can be arranged (15 USD) after the game drive. Maasai warriors are famously known as the proud nomadic tribe whose legendary prowess in battle and single-handed acts of bravery in fights with the wild animals are known across the world. This visit gives a good tour of Maasai culture and you will be welcomed with a sing and dance presentation, which forms part of their daily lives and sacred rituals.
Day 3: Maasai Mara - Lake Nakuru (B/L/D)
After breakfast, you will depart for Lake Nakuru with game drive en route. Picnic lunch will be served. You will arrive in Lake Nakuru early in the evening in time for dinner. Lake Nakuru is a renowned paradise for bird watchers with its high population of birds, the most famous being the flamingos which form a very beautiful deep pink coloration around the edges of the lake shore. Apart from these flamingos, there are also over 400 species of birds visiting the lake. Animals can also be sighted in the park including the Rothschild’s Giraffe, Black and White Rhino, Waterbuck, Reedbuck, Lion, Buffalo, Leopard, Baboon and several other species of plains game. Accommodation: Budget Tented Camp
Day 4: Lake Nakuru - Nairobi (B)
After breakfast, you will once again embark on a game drive in Lake Nakuru and feast your eyes with sightings of flamingos, often referred to as the “Pink Lake”. If you're lucky, you might also see small game such as Water Buck, Impala, Rhino and Buffalo within the garden's surroundings. After lunch, you will depart for Nairobi and arrive around 4-5 pm late afternoon depending on traffic conditions. You will be dropped in any of our drop-off points most convenient to you.
Inclusions for 4-Day Maasai Mara And Lake Nakuru Safari From Nairobi
- 3 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points or from hotel if area is within the vicinity
- All game viewing activities in a van with pop-up roof
Exclusions for 4-Day Maasai Mara And Lake Nakuru Safari From Nairobi
- Breakfast on the first day of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Airport Transfers in Nairobi
- Lake Nakuru National Park Day Trip from Nairobi
- 3-Night Safari from Nairobi: Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara
- Hell's Gate National Park: Full-Day Adventure
- Carnivore Restaurant: A Unique Eating Experience in Nairobi
- Nairobi Airport Transfer Shuttles
- Full-Day Ol Pejeta Conservancy and Chimpanzee Sanctuary Tour from Nairobi
- Carnivore Restaurant Dinner Experience in Nairobi