4-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour From Lombok
OverviewTrek to the summit of Mt Rinjani on this 4 day small group, guided hike from either Senaru or Sembalun village. Mt Rinjani is the second highest volcano in Indonesia and is still active. You will have amazing views of glistening sunrises and sunsets, you may even see the Milky Way on a clear evening. You will trek up to the Senaru & Sembalun Crater Rims. Take a swim in the hot springs and lake before descending down through the tropical rainforest the next day.
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourSee the Itinerary section for details on each day of your Lombok trekking tour on Mt. Rinjani. You'll spend the first night at a hotel and three additional nights camping.
Inclusions for 4-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour From Lombok
- Hotel pickup and drop-off or airport transfers
- 4 nights of accommodation (1 hotel; 3 nights camping)
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- All meals, snacks, and drinks throughout the trek
- All camping equipment including tent, sleeping bag, mattress, toilet tent
- Guide and porter
- Entrance fees for Rinjani National Park
- Visit Sendang Gile waterfall on arrival day
Exclusions for 4-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour From Lombok
- Food and drinks at the hotel on the first night
- Gratuities for guide and porter (recommended)
Itinerary:Day 1: Senaru or Sembalun
Upon arrival you will be picked up at the Lombok airport or your local Lombok accommodation and transferred to your hotel in Senaru or Sembalun. Then receive a briefing on your 4-day trek by your professional guide. Food and drinks are at your own expense tonight.
Day 2: Sembalun (3,600 feet / 1,100 meters) – Sembalun crater rim (8,658 feet / 2,639 meters)
Wake up at 7am and have breakfast before registering at the Rinjani information center. Your trek starts from Sembalun village at 8am. Beginning with a gentle ascent through open grassland, after about two hours of walking you will reach position one at 4,265 feet (1,300 meters). Walk another 40 minutes to position two at 4,921 feet (1,500 meters), followed by walking up to position three at 5,905 feet (1,800 meters), where you'll have lunch.
After lunch and a rest, head to the Sembalun crater rim on a 3-hour trek that includes a prolonged steep climb. Camp at the crater rim for the night, and enjoy views of the sunset, sunrise, and maybe even the Milky Way.
Day 3: Sembalun crater rim – Summit (12,224 feet / 3,726 meters) – Segara Anak Lake and Hot Springs (6,561 feet / 2,000 meters)
You will be woken up around 2am with hot drinks and a light breakfast before you start climbing to the Mt. Rinjani summit at 3am. Start with a moderate climb, followed by a fairly easy but longer walk. The final approach to the summit involves a steep climb over loose volcanic scree before reaching the summit at 6am to enjoy panoramic views.
Then descend back to the Sembalun crater rim (about two hours) for breakfast there before continuing your journey down to Segara Anak Lake and hot springs. The trail down is steep and a bit slippery and takes 2.5 hours to descend. Enjoy a swim, and camp beside the lake.
Day 4: Segara Anak Lake and Hot Springs – Senaru crater rim (8,664 feet / 2,641 meters)
Leaving the lake after lunch, climb up to the Senaru crater rim (about 2.5 hours), where you will camp for the evening, and enjoy the second-most spectacular view after the summit.
Day 5: Senaru crater rim – Senaru village (1,972 feet / 601 meters)
Your final day on Mt. Rinjani is a relaxing one. After breakfast, trek down to Senaru village through the tropical forest. It takes around five hours to descend, and rest stops and lunch will be taken along the way. Upon arrival in Senaru, you will be transferred to the airport or your local Lombok accommodation.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
You will trek at a moderate pace; this trek is suitable for young and elderly people, or anyone wanting to spend more time to see the sights
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.