4-Day Private Tour Of Transylvania From Bucharest
OverviewDiscover the castles and fortresses of Transylvania and the medieval cities of Brasov, Sighisoara and Sibiu. This fully guided tour will introduce you to the history and facts behind the legends.Take a walk in narrow medieval streets and ancient towns, every building has a story to tell, the walls of the fortresses still bear the marks of its turbulent history.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Skip the line
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourDay 1: Bucharest - Sinaia - Brasov
Peles Castle: Located in Sinaia (approx. 44 km from Brasov), it is considered by many, to be one of the most beautiful castles in all of Europe. Against the natural back drop of the Carpathian Mountains, the castle is a masterpiece of German Renaissance architecture.
In the afternoon enjoy a tour of Brasov medieval town. The highlights include, the Black Church, Citadel of Brasov, Ecaterina's Gate, White Tower, Black Tower, The Blacksmiths Bastion, The Weavers Bastion, The Ropemakers Bastion, The Drapers Bastion.
Overnight: Hotel Bella Muzica 3* or similar
Day 2: Brasov - Bran - Sibiu
The first stop of the day will be Bran, where you will visit the Castle of Dracula. The castle has an aura of mystery and legend and is perched atop a 200-foot-high rock. Bran Castle owes its fame to its imposing towers and turrets as well as to the myth created from Bram Stokers Dracula.
Sibiu - This fortress town is pedestrian-friendly with two easily accessible levels: the Upper town, home to Sibiu's historic sites and the Lower town lined with colourful houses on cobblestone streets and surrounded by imposing city walls and defence towers which overlook the river Cibin. The highlights of the tour include: the Evangelical Church, The Bridge of Lies, Historical Center, The Stairs Passage, Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral, Brukenthal Museum, the Towers and Bastions.
Overnight: Hotel Levoslav 4* in Sibiu or similar
Day 3. Sibiu - Biertan (UNESCO site) - Sighisoara (UNESCO site)
The Fortified Church of Biertan - The architectonic ensemble from Biertan is an impressive site for it's location, as well as its aesthetic and historic value. It has been preserved since the end of the 15th century and the beginning of the 16th century, and is included in The UNESCO List of World Patrimony.
Sighisoara is one of the few inhabited fortified towns in the world and it provides a splendid example of medieval town planning. Here, all the elements of the medieval world have been perfectly preserved. The highlights of the tour include: The Clock Tower & History Museum, The Church on the Hill, House of Dracula, The pupils roofed stairways, German cemetery.
Overnight: Hotel Cavaler 4* in Sighisoara or similar
Day 4. Sighisoara - Prejmer (UNESCO site) - Harman - Bucharest
The Fortified Church of Prejmer - This is one of Eastern Europes best preserved fortified churches and lies approximately 16km North East of Brasov. Surrounding the cross-shaped church (originally built by the Teutonic knights) are walls 12m high and 4m thick that protected the church and Prejmers inhabitants during times of war.
The Fortified church of Harman - it is bit smaller than Prejmer fortress but matches it in charm and architectural value.
Inclusions for 4-Day Private Tour Of Transylvania From Bucharest
- Airport transfer/hotel pickup (round trip)
- Transportation by air-conditioned car/minibus (fuel, parking fees)
- English-speaking guide
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast included
Exclusions for 4-Day Private Tour Of Transylvania From Bucharest
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Photo/video fees
- Meals (lunch and dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Please provide your hotel pickup details at time of booking (or provide your flight details instead if choosing airport pickup)
Hotels are given as examples only; actual hotels used will either be the same or of a similar standard to those specified
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.