4-Day Wild Life Safari Tour Of Kruger National Park From Johannesburg
OverviewExperience the best of the Kruger National Park with this 4 day package. You get to maximise your stay in the Kruger, with professional guides leading both morning and evening game drives. This affords plenty of opportunities to spot the Big Five. This popular wildlife safari offers regular, scheduled departures from Johannesburg. We use standard en-suite bungalows with aircon in some of the most popular rest camps in Kruger. Breakfasts and dinners are included in the price, and all game drives are conducted on open safari vehicles.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
Know More about this tourDay 1:
Depart at 8.30am from Johannesburg on a scenic 5-hour drive to the entrance of the Kruger National Park. Upon entering Kruger National Park we drive all the way to the rest camp. Common animals you can expect to see on the first afternoon include impala, kudu, waterbuck, warthog, zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, elephant, hippo, baboon, monkey and, hopefully, rhino, buffalo and possibly an elusive leopard or cheetah. We mostly use bungalows for accommodation, with en-suite bathroom and air conditioning. Dinner will be prepared by your guide and may take the form of a traditional South African braai (barbecue), weather permitting. Alternatively, we may use the camp restaurant.
Days 2 and 3:
We rise early so we can be on the road as the sun rises in an open game viewer. This is the best time of day for game viewing as the animals are at their most active, and we are on the lookout for nocturnal animals like spotted hyenas returning to their dens for the day. On our drives we may stop at waterholes, view points or picnic sites, where you can get out and stretch your legs, and enjoy some refreshments. Breakfast is usually a mid-morning feast, enjoyed at a picnic site somewhere in the bush. There is no fixed schedule to keep, but usually we return to camp late morning, so you can spend the noon hours lazing around the pool or watching animals from the deck. An afternoon siesta is also a popular option. Lunch is for your own account and you can purchase a light meal from the take away deli at the camp.
In the afternoon we embark on another exciting game drive. As the day cools down, the animals become more active again and game viewing becomes easier. We look for the Big 5 and all the other animals, birds and interesting plants we may find. The excitement of a game drive is that you never know what you will find, and each one is different. Perhaps we saw giraffe yesterday, but today we may see them drinking, or fighting, or eating from a thorn tree (without injuring themselves!) Your guide will be able to interpret the behaviour of the animals and share interesting stories and facts about the bush, which makes every drive that much more interesting.
We return to camp around sunset and enjoy another delicious dinner around the fire or in the camp restaurant. As an optional extra, you can book a night drive with us in advance on one of the evenings. These are conducted on an open game viewing truck by one of the Kruger Park's rangers.
This morning we head out on a final early morning game drive. If we are lucky we may see wild dogs or another rare animal that we have not seen before. After breakfast, it is time to pack up and start heading back toward the gate, for the drive back to Johannesburg. We normally arrive back in Johannesburg between 4 pm and 5 pm, depending on the traffic.
Inclusions for 4-Day Wild Life Safari Tour Of Kruger National Park From Johannesburg
- 3 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Breakfast & Dinner
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for 4-Day Wild Life Safari Tour Of Kruger National Park From Johannesburg
- Optional night game drives
- Optional safari walks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Apartheid Museum Tour
- Half-Day Lesedi Cultural Village Tour in Johannesburg
- Cocktail Masterclass in Johannesburg
- Private Tour of Soweto in Johannesburg
- Gardens in the City Private Tour in Johannesburg
- Half-Day Tour of Soweto in Johannesburg
- 3-Day Guided Hike in the Drakensberg Mountains from Johannesburg
- Apartheid Museum Tour in Johannesburg