4-Day Wildlife Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve - Iquitos
OverviewExplore the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Natural Reserve, one of the best spots in the Amazon rainforest to observe wildlife in its own habitat and nature.This tour takes you into virgin jungle far from Iquitos, Peru; that is the reason that this expedition guarantees wildlife observing in its natural habitat as river dolphins, monkeys, sloths, birds, alligators and more. This all-inclusive tour combines nature and wildlife with a comfortable accommodation at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
- All-inclusive tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Ideal choice for families
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tourDuring this expedition into the rainforest, jungle guides and specialists will take the traveler into healthy jungle at the buffer area of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve and the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Communal Reserve.
Activities included in this jungle tour are Amazon rainforest hiking, bird watching, looking for primates, a nighttime alligator excursion, piranha fishing, visits to lagoons, canoe rides, viewing of river dolphins, both grey and pink and much more.
Accommodation for this jungle tour will be at the comfortable Curassow Amazon Lodge, with private rooms/bungalows with bathroom, shower and 24-hour running water. Limited electricity available in the lodge.
See the Itinerary below for a detailed tour description.
Inclusions for 4-Day Wildlife Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (round-trip airport transfers)
- Activities focused on wildlife observation
- Bilingual, naturalist guide during tours (Spanish-English)
- Accommodation at the ecolodge in a private room with bathroom, running water and shower (no hot water available)
- Limited solar electricity availablefor lighting and to charge batteries of small appliances (just cameras, laptops and CPAP machines)
- Meals as per itinerary and vegetarian option available (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Unlimited water, tea and coffee
- SpecialratesatEmperador Terraza hotel, a small and affordable accommodation in the Main Square of Iquitos city (rooms with private bathroom, air conditioner or electric fan, hot shower and WiFi area)
- First aid kit
Exclusions for 4-Day Wildlife Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve
- Airfare and airportfees
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expenses.
- Tips/Gratuities for guide or staff (optional)
Itinerary:Day 1: Curassow Amazon Lodge (L, D)
Transfer from the airport or hotel to private port in Iquitos city. Navigate for 3.5-hours along the Amazon River to the lodge. Check in to your private bungalows. After lunch, head out by boat to observe birds, monkeys and sloths in the wild. Witness a beautiful sunset on the lake. After dinner, take a night stroll to observe snakes, frogs, nocturnal monkeys, mammals, rodents, etc. Overnight at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
Day 2: (B, L, D)
Take an early canoe excursion to the sound of different bird species before breakfast. After, explore by boat and do some jungle trekking to observe medicinal plants. Have lunch, then head out by boat and foot, do some fishing for piranhas and observation of the hoatzin or shansho (Opisthocomus hoazin) a prehistoric-looking bird. Have dinner before an excursion by boat to observe caiman, nocturnal birds, mammals, etc. Overnight at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
Day 3: (B, L, D)
Early breakfast, then jungle trekking to zone “Casha” to watch animals and water intake of the tree cat’s claw and observe wildlife. Have lunch outdoors. Visit the village San Juan or Ayacucho and have the opportunity to buy handcrafted itmes. Dinner. Have dinner, then take another night excursion by canoe. Overnight at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
Day 4: (B, L)
Have breakfast on the boat before going swimming with the dolphins in the Amazon River. Observe iguanas and the Victoria Regia water lily, the biggest aquatic plant in the world. Have lunch before navigating the Amazon River back to Iquitos. Transfer from the port to airport or hotel. Arrival at Iquitos will be approximately 6:00pm.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Curassow Amazon Lodge is located 100 km (62 mi) from Iquitos and is only accessible by the property's private transport. Travelers must arrive in Iquitos a day before of the starting day or before 8:30 am on the day of the tour. In case of a later arrival, a private boat transfer will be available for S/ 600 Peruvian Soles or USD 200 (one way). On the last day, please plan to fly out of Iquitos after 6:30 pm or the day after the trip. If you are flying out before, a private boat transfer will be available for S/ 600 Peruvian Soles or USD 200 (one way)
WHAT TO BRING
Long-sleeved cotton shirts of light colors (black attracts mosquitoes) and long pants
Socks for use with boots
Tennis shoes or sneakers
Sunglasses with UV protection
Mosquito repellent with DEET (only needed for outdoor excursions)
Camera with a plastic bag
A small backpack to carry insect repellent and water during excursions
Optional: Binoculars and a book (No mobile phone or Internet service near Curassow Amazon Lodge)
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Electricity is limited to charge batteries at Curassow Amazon Lodge and there is no hot water
Please, inform us if you have any allergies or special diet requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc) at the time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Maximum number of people/children per room is 4
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR EACH TRAVELER
Passport number, nationality, age is required. Please, provide this information before the starting day
Flight in and out information (Airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours) is needed at time of booking
Shoe size (preferably European system) is needed at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.