4-Day Wildlife Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve - IquitosWrite a Review
OverviewExplore the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Natural Reserve, one of the best spots in the Amazon rainforest to observe wildlife in its own habitat and nature.
This tour takes you into virgin jungle far from Iquitos, Peru; that is the reason that this expedition guarantees wildlife observing in its natural habitat as river dolphins, monkeys, sloths, birds, alligators and more.
This all-inclusive tour combines nature and wildlife with a comfortable accommodation at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
- All-inclusive tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Ideal choice for families
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tourDuring this expedition into the rainforest, jungle guides and specialists will take the traveler into healthy jungle at the buffer area of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve and the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Communal Reserve.
Activities included in this jungle tour are Amazon rainforest hiking, bird watching, looking for primates, a nighttime alligator excursion, piranha fishing, visits to lagoons, canoe rides, viewing of river dolphins, both grey and pink and much more.
Accommodation for this jungle tour will be at the comfortable Curassow Amazon Lodge, with private bungalows with bathroom, shower and 24-hour running water. Limited electricity available in the lodge.
See the Itinerary below for a detailed tour description.
Inclusions for 4-Day Wildlife Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (round-trip airport transfers)
- En-suite room for three nights
- English/Spanish-speaking guide
- Special rates at Emperador Terraza, a small and affordable hotel in the main square of Iquitos
Exclusions for 4-Day Wildlife Tour At Tamshiyacu Reserve
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Additional services at the Curassow Amazon Lodge
Itinerary:Day 1: Curassow Amazon Lodge (L, D)
Transfer from the airport or hotel to private port in Iquitos city. Navigate for 3.5-hours along the Amazon River to the lodge. Check in to your private bungalows. After lunch, head out by boat to observe birds, monkeys and sloths in the wild. Witness a beautiful sunset on the lake. After dinner, take a night stroll to observe snakes, frogs, nocturnal monkeys, mammals, rodents, etc. Overnight at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
Day 2: (B, L, D)
Take an early canoe excursion to the sound of different bird species before breakfast. After, explore by boat and do some jungle trekking to observe medicinal plants. Have lunch, then head out by boat and foot, do some fishing for piranhas and observation of the hoatzin or shansho (Opisthocomus hoazin) a prehistoric-looking bird. Have dinner before an excursion by boat to observe caiman, nocturnal birds, mammals, etc. Overnight at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
Day 3: (B, L, D)
Early breakfast, then jungle trekking to zone “Casha” to watch animals and water intake of the tree cat’s claw and observe wildlife. Have lunch outdoors. Visit the village San Juan or Ayacucho and have the opportunity to buy handcrafted itmes. Dinner. Have dinner, then take another night excursion by canoe. Overnight at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
Day 4: (B, L)
Have breakfast on the boat before going swimming with the dolphins in the Amazon River. Observe iguanas and the Victoria Regia water lily, the biggest aquatic plant in the world. Have lunch before navigating the Amazon River back to Iquitos. Transfer from the port to airport or hotel. Arrival at Iquitos will be approximately 6:00pm.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Arrival flight must land one day before the starting date. Departure flight must be after 7:30pm or a day after the tour
Programs may change according to flight arrival/departure changes or weather conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Electricity is limited to charge batteries at Curassow Amazon Lodge and there is no hot water
Please inform the supplier if you have any allergies or special diet requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc available) at the time of booking
Maximum number of people/children per room is 4
Passport number, nationality, age is needed at time of booking
Flight in and out information: Airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours is needed at time of booking
Shoe size (preferably European system) is needed at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.