4 DAYS TOUR TO MERZOUGA DESERT TRIP FROM MARRAKECH - Marrakesh
OverviewThis 4-day tour allow you to experience Merzouga desert in the best possible way, discover the magnificent Atlas Mountains and enjoy Moroccos most beautiful sceneries, palm groves, mountain villages and wonderful sand dunes. ACTIVITY HIGHLIGHTS: Traverse the High Atlas Mountains via the magnificent Tizi-n-Tichka pass. Discover the UNESCO World Heritage site of At Benhaddou kasbah with a guide. Visit lush palm groves in the desert at Skoura. Admire the Todra Gorge and follow the Dads River to Boumalne du Dades. Take a camel trek from Merzouga to Erg Chebbi and enjoy dinner under the stars at a Berber desert camp. Tour includes some meals and round-trip travel from Marrakech
Know More about this tourDay 1 : Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Dades Valley:
After breakfast, we pick you up at the hotel in Marrakech, departure via Ouarzazate over Tizi-n-Tichkal 2260m , to Enjoy the stunning views of the High Atlas Mountains .Then visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site: the exotic Kasbah of At Benhaddou where you will have lunch .
In the entrance to Ouarzazate you can see the site of the Atlas studios which host the largest movie studios in the world such as Lawrence of Arabia, The Mummy and The Man Who Would Be King, passing by Kasbah of Taourirt, then continue the road to El Kelaa Mgouna (the valley of roses) and the Dads Valley . We will have Dinner and spend the night in local hotel.
From Boumalene Dades we will head to Merzouga passing through the Berber village of Tinghir and the Todra Gorge where the cliffs are as high as 600m and only 10m wide. We will then pass through several Berber villages, stopping for lunch at either Tinjdad or Rissani where you can sample the local speciality, Berber pizza. After lunch we will make our way to Merzouga to start our camel trek. All unnecessary luggage can be left in safe rooms at the hotel.
The 90 minute camel trek will take us to a Berber camp in the middle of the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, the highest in North Africa. The camp consists of several comfortable Berber tents equipped with mattresses and linen, a restaurant, a kitchen and a toilet. The evening will consist of dinner followed by entertainment provided by Berber drums around the camp fire.
Before sunrise, you will be woken up to climb the sand dunes for fantastic photo opportunities. We will then make our way back to the hotel for showers and breakfast before we continue our journey to Ouarzazate, passing through Alnif, Tazzarine, Nkob, and the Draa Valley. We will spend the night in a guest house in Ouarzazate.
Day 4 : Ouarzazate - Marrakech:
After breakfast ,we will continue on to Fint Oasis, a beautiful palm grove made up of four traditional Berber villages we will set off for Marrakech, passing through the spectacular High Atlas mountains and we will then drop you off at your riad/hotel.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for 4 DAYS TOUR TO MERZOUGA DESERT TRIP FROM MARRAKECH
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Morning tea
- Professiona English and French speaking tou rguide
- Local Professional guide for a walking tour in ait ben haddou kasbah
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD
Exclusions for 4 DAYS TOUR TO MERZOUGA DESERT TRIP FROM MARRAKECH
- Personal purchases
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not wheelchair accessible
A minimum of two people is required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour. In this case will be offered an alternative or full refund
Hotels and riads located in central Marrakec
If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Desert Excursion 2 nights 3 days for 2 people to Merzouga erg chabi wit 2 nights accommodation
- 4-Day Authentic Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- 4-Day Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- A cultural mule riding day trip in the Atlas Mountains !
- 3 days private desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga Sahara camp and Chefchaouen
- 2-Hour Agafay Desert Quad Biking in Marrakech
- Ourika Valley
- Full-Day Trip from Marrakech to Ouzoud Waterfalls