4-Hour Arts And Crafts Tour From Chiang MaiWrite a Review
Enjoy a half-day arts and crafts tour through Chiang Mai. Discover the recently restored capital of Wiang Kum Kam, once King Mangrai's capital city. Visit Muang Kung pottery village and see Thailand's largest woodcarving center at Baan Tawai.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourTour Chiang Mai's craft hotspots, and discover the traditional techniques of the region's potters and wood carvers, beginning with an exploration of the restored settlement of Wiang Kum Kam.
Wiang Kum Kam was an early settlement that became King Mangrai's capital in the late 13th century. Flooding forced King Mangrai to move, but its original location remained important until the river changed course and buried the site in mud. Wiang Kum Kam was restored as a historical park during the 1980s, and it's set in a beautiful area surrounded by rice paddies and village houses.
Continue onward to Muang Kung, one of Thailand's most well-known pottery villages, before heading to Baan Tawai which, along with its nearby towns, forms the largest woodcarving center in Thailand.
Dozens of small workshops and factories produce imitation antiques and immense wooden elephants that are sold throughout the country. Bargains are plentiful, and if you spot a sculpture that you'd like to take home with you, larger shops provide packing and shipping services.
Inclusions for 4-Hour Arts And Crafts Tour From Chiang Mai
- Private tour
- Admission fees
Exclusions for 4-Hour Arts And Crafts Tour From Chiang Mai
- Personal expenses and other services
- Transfers to and from hotels outside Chiang Mai city center
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You might also like
- Chiang Mai Small-Group Cultural Tour
- Traditional Khantoke Dinner And Show From Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mind And Soul
- Half-Day Lanna Countryside Cycling Tour In Chiang Mai
- Wat Doi Suthep Temple And White Meo Hilltribe Village Half-Day Tour From Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- One-Way Private Arrival Transfer From Chiang Mai Airport To Mae Rim Hotel
- One-Way Private Arrival Transfer From Chiang Mai Airport To Chiang Mai Town Hotel
- Private Half-Day Thai Cooking Class In Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai - Half Day Mae Sa Elephants At Work!