OverviewEnjoy an unforgettable walk among the ruins of the Ancient Pompeii joining an halfday excursion with expert and licensed guide and comfortable bus at disposal.
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourPompeii is one of the last cities that offers to the visitors the real image of the ancient Roman settlements; the city is part of the National Park of Mount Vesuvio and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997.
Following the eruption of the Volcano Vesuvio in the year 79 A.D., the city lay buried under meters of ash and lapilli and forgotten for hundreds of years; the area had a complex water system, an amphitheater, gymnasium, baths and a substantial population, which grew prosperous thanks to the region's renowned agricultural fertility.
Our expert guide will reconstruct the tragic moments that preceded the explosion and he will bring back to life the magnificent history of the prosperous Romans. Thanks to the flood of lava that petrified the city, the infrastructures are all well preserved so it’ s still possible to admire the wonderful frescoes which adorned the walls and floors of the Villas, the rests of the roman’s art and Baths and Forums built in the year 80 B.C. You will have a glimpse of Roman’s everyday life.
Return at the hotel for lunchtime.
Entrance fee € 13,00 per person to be paid locally - clients aged less than 18 will have free entrance upon production of a valid ID.
1st Sunday of the month free entrance !
Inclusions for 4-Hour Excursion To Pompeii From Sorrento
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Walking tour
Exclusions for 4-Hour Excursion To Pompeii From Sorrento
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.