OverviewBe a part of an exclusive group as you venture through Malaysia's Georgetown Heritage area. Be hungry for food and knowledge as your local Penang-born tourist and food guide walks you through each step of the way on this food trail. Savor delicious local cuisine which the forefathers of Georgetown has kept alive as we unveil the history and heritage of this area. End the food trail by mixing up a cocktail or mocktail with the guide of a bartender. Be ready to eat, learn, drink and have fun!
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free drinks included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourThe 4-hour heritage and food trail takes place during sundown at 4.30pm. You'll be meeting the guide at St.George's Church along Lebuh Farquhar. You will be learning about the history of Georgetown as the group walks by several historical places and buildings such as the St.George's church, the Goddess of Mercy Temple and Chinese Clan Houses.
The tour will be stopping by at least 3 food outlets, tasting at least 10 varieties of local and heritage food of Georgetown before ending the trail at one of the best cocktail bars in Georgetown.
5 important steps that you're encouraged to take to make this tour a memorable one:
- Chat up your guide - Your guide is born and bred in Penang and loves to chat and communicate. It's highly encouraged to have a Q&A session throughout the tour, talking about your likes and dislikes. This food trail is for you and the operator would like to ensure that you have a good time.
- Be adventurous - Keep an open mind to try out new things as you walk through the core zone of the heritage area of Georgetown.
- Come hungry - Be rest assured that you will be sinking in your teeth into delicious local food. This tour won't stop until you are full.
- Have Fun - Enjoy the food trail, kick back and relax as you feel at home in Georgetown.
Inclusions for 4-Hour Georgetown Food Tour
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
Exclusions for 4-Hour Georgetown Food Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Make sure you come hungry when you join the food experience and be open to foods introduced by the guide
WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES
The food experience tours are normally walking trails. It's advises that guests wear comfortable shoes during the food experience
BRING YOUR WATER BOTTLE
Water helps during the tour especially during hot weather. Its very easy to get thirsty in Malaysia.
UMBRELLA AND RAINCOAT
Malaysia's weather can be unpredictable. Please bring your own umbrella or raincoat if its raining or going to rain.
AVOID WEARING WHITE
There's nothing worse than spilling food on a white t-shirt. If you don't mind the stain, you can always wear white.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.