4-Hour Private Layover Tour: Beijing Old Hutong
OverviewEnjoy this 4-hour layover tour of Old Hutong from the Beijing Capital International Airport. A private guide will assist you and educate you on the history of this cultural area. Visit Drum Tower, Shichahai, Tobacco Pipe Lean Street, and Bell Tower before returning to the airport to catch your departing flight.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Airport transfer
- All entrance fees included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Your private guide and driver will greet you at the luggage carousels in the airport when your flight arrives, holding a sign with your name printed on it. Hop into the climate-controlled vehicle for the 30-minute drive to Beijing's historic hutong area, the web of low-rise alleyways that's an icon of old Beijing.
You'll alight atthe scenic Shichahai lake district. Admire the elegant curves of the historic Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Qiao) that links Qianhai and Houhai lakes. Drink in the atmosphere as locals chat, drink, and relax around the lake, sometimes with wood pigeons cooing overhead.
From here, it's just a short stroll to Skewed Tobacco Pouch Street (Yandai Xiejie), a quaint 800-year-old hutong that used to be known for sellers of long-stemmed pipes.
Take your time to imbibe the atmosphere as you walk a couple of minutes to the Drum Tower, one of a pair of iconic structures that used to help Beijingers tell the time. It's home to a fascinating museum of Chinese timepieces, from incense clocks to water clocks.
Facing it is its opposite number, the Bell Tower. It's still home to China's largest bell, which is 23 feet (7 meters) high and weighs more than 20 tons (tonnes).
Once you've finished exploring the towers with your guide, your driver will bring you back to the airport to catch your onward flight.
Inclusions for 4-Hour Private Layover Tour: Beijing Old Hutong
- Private tour
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking guide
- Transport in climate-controlledvehicle
Exclusions for 4-Hour Private Layover Tour: Beijing Old Hutong
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8 Days Beijing Xian Shanghai Join-in Tour by Train
- Simata Great Wall one day tour with Lunch
- Beijing Private Car Airport Pickup with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station pick-up with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport return trip with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station return trip with English Speaking Driver