4-Hour Shanghai Jewish History And China Art Museum Private Tour
OverviewThis 4-hour private tour takes you to witness the historical remains of the Jewish in Shanghai including the Sassoon Mansion, the Ohel Moishe Synagogue, the Hongkou Ghetto. Followed by a visit to China Art Museum to see the magnificent painting " Along the River During the Qingming Festival" in 3D animation. This great artwork captures the daily life of people and landscape of Bianjing (today's Kaifeng), the capital of Song Dynasty (960-1127), the first place that Jewish came to China. From this tour, you will have a complete understanding about Jewish's life in China.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourMeet up your knowledgeable guide at your hotel lobby, and head up to Peace hotel and Shanghai Jewish Ghetto. Then walk into the stories and history behind each Jewish site. You will learn from life of Jewish individuals in Shanghai their sadness, happiness and determination to live on for their families.
Shanghai, the second hometown of Jewish. Jewish immigration to Shanghai is by 3 waves. Sephardic Jews from Baghdad and Bombay came first after 1848 when Shanghai was forced open by the British. The most successful of those people like Sassoon and Hardoon built many of the city's great businesses and landmark buildings.
The second wave was marked by the immigration of thousands of Russian Jews first to Northeast China, and later to Shanghai after the October Revolution (1917) in Russia.
The third wave was brought up by the Second World War in which Shanghai alone opened her arm to over 20,000 Jews from Germany, Austria and Poland seeking a life asylum.
If you want to find out the root of Jewish in China, China Art Museum is a must go place. You will see how new technology turns "Along the River During the Qingming Festival " into 3D animation. You can visualize the first batch of Jewish's living environment in China during the early Northern Song Dynasty from this master piece by famous artist Zhang Zeduan (1085-1145)
After your tour is finished, your guide will show you how to take metro or Taxi back to your hotel.
Inclusions for 4-Hour Shanghai Jewish History And China Art Museum Private Tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Local Transportation by Taxi and metro
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for 4-Hour Shanghai Jewish History And China Art Museum Private Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Walking Tour in Shanghai's Former French Concession
- Muslim Street Market Food Tour and Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple Discovery
- Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour with Tea Tasting at Confucius Temple
- Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
- 12-Day Small Group Tour: Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai
- Old Shanghai City Walking Tour
- Small Group Day Tour to Suzhou with Tongli Water Town from Shanghai
- 2 Days Private Shanghai City Tour-No Shopping Stops