4-Hour Walking Tour Of The Sausalito Waterfront And Golden Gate Bridge Overlook - San FranciscoWrite a Review
On quiet footpaths and trails, Coastal Walkers leads you along the winding Sausalito waterfront to the Golden Gate Bridge, with views of Angel Island, the Tiburon Peninsula, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco skyline on the way. Our route heads into the Marin Headlands in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area for a steady climb to Battery Spencer for panoramic views above the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. We pause to take photos and enjoy lunch or a snack (not included) high above the Golden Gate and San Francisco Bay before retracing our route back to Sausalito.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourWe meet at 10:30AM at the Sausalito ferry landing in charming downtown Sausalito before heading out on our walk to the Golden Gate Bridge. I to Fort Baker, a former military base at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge. Heading toward the bridge along the water's edge we enjoy a unique and commanding view of the Bridge's North Tower and wind beneath the bridge following a car-free road. A short trail brings us to a spectacular overlook high above the bridge deck and the mouth of the Golden Gate. On clear days you will enjoy vistas of the City, San Francisco Bay, the Marin Headlands, and you may even get a glimpse of the Farallon Islands on the horizon. On foggy days, the span is shrouded in moody ocean mists. We retrace our steps back to bridge level where, if you wish, you can head across the Golden Gate Bridge on your own (1.7 miles) to San Francisco, or loop with your guide back to the Sausalito Ferry Terminal, where you can either quickly return on the ferry back to San Francisco, or explore Sausalito and catch a later ferry back to the City.
Please note this important information:
If leaving from San Francisco, you will need to take the 10AM Sausalito Ferry, which departs from the San Francisco Ferry Building at the foot of Market St.
Return Ferry Times: 1:55PM / 3:20PM / 4:45PM
Sausalito Ferry Fare: $10.75 one-way
Inclusions for 4-Hour Walking Tour Of The Sausalito Waterfront And Golden Gate Bridge Overlook
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for 4-Hour Walking Tour Of The Sausalito Waterfront And Golden Gate Bridge Overlook
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.