4 Hours Tangier Private Tour
OverviewDiscover the true soul of Tangier on this unforgettable 4h private tour, perfectly planned for guests in short-stay in Tangier or visiting the city during a cruise trip. Plunge with our local guide into the charming history and the lively culture of the Medina (the walled old town) and the Kasbah (the fortress), prepare your senses for an overwhelming experience in the frenetic souks and squares, and explore the city's architectural heritage resulting from a harmonious blending of the Moorish and Western styles.
Know More about this tour
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by your tour guide having at your disposal a comfortable, Wi-Fi-fitted, and air-conditioned minivan for a ride that will take you first from Tangiers bay up to the city center through Avenue Mohamed VI, Boulevard Mohamed V, Avenue Pasteur, Place De France, until you reach the Kasbah.
Bab Bhar terrace will be the first place to visit in the Kasbah, a great opportunity to take in the breathtaking view over the port, the Strait of Gibraltar, and Southern Spain. Few steps through Place du Mechouar will lead you to the former Sultans palace (own expense), also called Dar El Mekhzen, nowadays hosting the Museum of Moroccan Art and Antiquities or Kasbah Museum, house of various relics from the Stone Age through the 20th century, displaying the rich history of Tangier.
For the second part of your private tour of Tangier, you will have a direct contact with the friendly locals; and by strolling down the Medinas labyrinthine alleyways, you will go through the most important landmarks of the city such as the Grand Socco and the Petit Socco, and also places like vegetables market, spice market, fish market, cheese market, and communal ovens.
Furthermore, the walking tour will include the visit of monuments that are considered as architectural masterpieces decorated with mosaics, ornamental stucco, and wood carvings such as the Great Mosque and the American Legation (own expense), which is a structure of architectural, diplomatic and military significance integrally associated with American-Moroccan relations for almost 160 years. The building is the first property ever acquired abroad by the U.S. Government and for 140 years housed the United States Consular offices in Tangier, the longest period any building abroad has ever been occupied as a diplomatic or consular post.
Before drop off, you will be left with some free time to scout for handcrafted souvenirs at bazaars (IF YOU WANT), or simply to sip on a mint tea in a traditional caf and learn about Moroccan tea rituals.
We will be happy to deal with your inquiries:
- +212 675 049 942
Other products by LATIF Tours:
- Tangier Private Tour
- Private Transfer : Tangier Airport (TNG) Tangier City
- Private Transfer : Tangier City Port Asilah
- Private Transfer : Tangier Chefchaouen
- Arabic French German English Spanish
- Monday through Friday (10:00 - 17:00) and Saturday (10:00 - 15:00)
Dar El Mekhzen:
- Every day except Tuesday (9:00 - 16:00)
Inclusions for 4 Hours Tangier Private Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for 4 Hours Tangier Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.