45-Minute Spectacular Black Sands And Riverbeds Sightseeing Flight From Skaftafell AirportWrite a Review
OverviewThis tour is one of the most photogenic air tours with some truly spectacular views. On this 45-minute flight, we fly over the coastline and Skeiarrsandur, a vast plain of black sand and ash covered with numerous small rivulets. It spans the entire range between the glacier and the sea. From there we fly over Skeiarrjkull, which is a massive outlet glacier draining south form Iceland's largest ice cap Vatnajkull.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Meet your pilot at the private Skaftafell airport in south Iceland, where you will hear about the flight plan for your tour.
Being one of the most photogenic tours, the black sands and riverbeds of Skeiarrsandur might offer you the best photo of your life if you bring a good camera. If you are lucky enough to be on this tour in the right light, you might be able to capture the unique colors of the riverbeds as sand, mud and seaweed flush down the river: giving you yellow, red, brown, green and blue as well as several other colors in the glacier rivers. Even if you don't get to see these colors, the riverbeds are unique and beautiful against the black sand. On our way back, your pilot will fly you over Skeiarrjkull, which is a massive glacier outlet from Vatnajkull, the biggest glacier in Iceland.As you land back in Skaftafell, you can take time to chat with your pilot about the route you flew and the sights you saw, and to ask any questions you might have.
Inclusions for 45-Minute Spectacular Black Sands And Riverbeds Sightseeing Flight From Skaftafell Airport
Fixed-wing air tour
Landing and facility fees
Exclusions for 45-Minute Spectacular Black Sands And Riverbeds Sightseeing Flight From Skaftafell Airport
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.