4Days Private Dunhuang Tour: Mo Gao Caves-Crescent Spring-Singing Sand Dune-Yumen Pass-Great Wall Of Han Dynasty And Yadan National Geologic Park-No Shopping Stops
OverviewA pure private exploration in Dunhuang without any compulsory shopping stops. Learn Buddhist art and discover the fascinating murals and Buddha statues inside Mogao Caves. Take a camel ride towards Singing Sand Dune in the beautiful melody sung by the sand and enjoy the entrancing beauty of Crescent Spring lying peacefully below the mountain. Explore the important ancient Yumen Pass along Silk Road and pay a visit to the original best preserved part of Han Great Wall. Start a thorough exploration of naturally shaped weird rocks in Yadan National Geologic Park.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tour
Day1: Arrive in Dunhuang
Meet your friendly guide and driver and transfer to your hotel.
Grand Soluxe Hotel Dunhuang (5 Star)
Wansheng International Hotel Dunhuang (4 Star)
Day2: Dunhuang: Mogao Caves, Crescent Spring, Singing Sand Dune
After breakfast, meet your guide in the hotel lobby. Relax in your comfortable air-conditioned car during your drive to Mogao Caves and learn the legends of this mysterious Thousands of Buddha Caves from your local guide. Upon arrival, watch a documentary movie first, getting a general understanding of the history of the Caves and visit different caves including the largest cave--Cave 96 and manuscripts storage caveCave 17 where hoard of Buddhism scriptures were discovered. Move on to Singing Sand Dune. Hearing the beautiful melody along your way to the mountain back on a camel ride with your guides explanations, get a full understanding of the mountains name (Singing Sand Dune). Hike to the mountain top to get a panoramic view of tiers and tiers of sand hills in this mysterious desert and get down from the mountain and continue your camel ride to get close to Crescent Spring and your guide will unveil its mysteries and share the efforts made by Chinese government to maintain the depth of the gradually shrinking oasis. Enjoy a comfortable ride back to your hotel.(B)
Day3: Dunhuang: Yumenguan Pass and Yadan National Geologic Park
Get refreshed and continue your exploration in mysterious Dunhuang. Enjoy the view along the way from bustling city to desolate Gobi. Get a close look at the site of Yumenguan Pass named after many jade caravans passing through and learn its past prosperity. Picture the busy scene of this important pass with many caravans going through every day in the ancient times and compare to its modern desolate view. Make a stop to Great Wall of Han Dynasty, the best preserved part of Han Great Wall but also a big comparison to the famous Badaling Great Wall or Mutianyu Great Wall. Take a free walk to get closer and learn more stories of the Wall and take nice photos of the remains of the 22, 00-year old structure. Move on to Yadan National Geologic Park. A cable car ride will show you through the park, making stops to different naturally shaped rocks, like the Lion with a gesture of welcoming guests, the Peacock showing its tail, the Pyramid, and the Sphnix.(B)
Day4: Depart Dunhuang.
Transfer to airport/train station and depart Dunhuang to continue your China tour.(B)
Inclusions for 4Days Private Dunhuang Tour: Mo Gao Caves-Crescent Spring-Singing Sand Dune-Yumen Pass-Great Wall Of Han Dynasty And Yadan National Geologic Park-No Shopping Stops
- Round trip transfer from airport/train station
- Accommodation as specified
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Land transfer with professional drivers
- Professional English speaking guide
Exclusions for 4Days Private Dunhuang Tour: Mo Gao Caves-Crescent Spring-Singing Sand Dune-Yumen Pass-Great Wall Of Han Dynasty And Yadan National Geologic Park-No Shopping Stops
- Transportation (flights, trains) to/from Dunhuang
- Gratuities to guides & drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Lunches are excluded for your freedom to choose cuisines while guides will give recommendations and guide you there. Dinners are left to your own arrangement.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hiking shoes, hats and sunglasses are strongly recommended
Please provide us your passport number, name and nationality (as shown on passport) when booking with us
Please apply for your China Visa before your tour begins
Please DO purchase the Travel Insurance before your trip to against any unforeseen circumstance
Note: The prices shown are not valid during China's Official Holidays (such as National Day - 01 to 07, Oct. Chinese Spring Festival - 15 Feb to 21 Feb, 2018, etc.).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private One Day Tour: Mogao Grottoes, Singing Sand Dunes and The Silk Road Show
- Private One Day Tour: Mogao Grottoes, White Horse Stupa & visit a local family
- Small Group of West Dunhuang Day Tour: Yumenguan Pass-Great Wall of Han Dynasty-Dunhuang Yadan National Geologic Park -No Shopping Stops
- Private West Dunhuang Day Tour of Yumenguan Pass, Great Wall of Han Dynasty, and Yadan National Geological Park
- Private Transfer between Dunhuang Airport and Dunhuang Hotel
- Buddhism art one day tour in Dunhuang
- Private Buddhism Art Tour with The Silk Road Show include dinner