5-Day Bucovina Painted Monasteries Private Tour From Bucharest
OverviewBucovina the land of outdoor painted monasteries. Bucovina is a historical region situated in the north-eastern side of Romania, a place where the Romanian history and tradition are mostly expressed.The landmarks of Bucovina are the outdoor painted monateries, each one with its own history, legends and colors. Our tour will guide you to the most important ones: Voronet, Moldovita, Sucevita, Humor, each one having a unique background color. The blue from Voronet is the famoust because it cant be reproduced. We are strongly advise you to try the local food and drinks which are a proud of Romanian cuisine.
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Bucharest - Gura Humorului
In the morning our guide will pick-up you from your hotel or from the airport (for arrivals up to 11.00 AM). Leave Bucharest in our way to the north region of Romania Bucovina, the land of painted monasteries and traditions. There is about 6 hours drive time until our destination. End the day in the Voronet Gura Humorului area. Accommodation at Gura Humorului at Best Western 4* or similar
Day 2: Gura Humorului - Moldovita - Sucevita - Gura Humorului
Today well visit some of the World famous Painted Monasteries- Moldovita (UNESCO): dates back from 1532 and is due to the ruling prince Petru Rares- Sucevita: the last and the most magnificent monastic achievement among the painted monasteries in Bucovina. Paintings of the Sucevita monastery were best preserved both on the outside and on the inside (Ladder of Virtue, the last Judgment, the tree of Jesse. Accommodation at Gura Humorului at Best Western 4* or similar.
Day 3: Gura Humorului - Suceava - Gura Humorului
Breakfast and continue the visits to the Bucovina County:- Voronet Monastery (UNESCO): It is the most accomplished sample of artistic achievement in Moldavian architecture and painting. Voronet Monastery had been dubbed the oriental Sistine Chapel, whereas Voronet Blue, a colour obtained from lapis lazuli, entered in the lexicon of art alongside Titian red and Veronese green, and to this day has yet to be reproduced by natural means- Humor (UNESCO): this monastery was among the first churches to be painted. Humor is painted in reddish brown (from oriental madder pigment), colours are brilliant and truthful to nature.Then go to Suceava, the former capital of Moldova in medieval ages. Here we visit Suceava Citadel, which was built during the rule of the Prince Petru I Musat. End the day back in Voronet or Gura Humorului.
Accommodation at Gura Humorului at Best Western 4* or similar.
Day 4: Gura Humorului - Neamt Bucharest
Leave the Bucovina area and visit the Monastery Agapia with a visit of the Living Museum where you can see exactly how are the houses of the nouns and also a visit of the weavers and painting workshops. In the afternoon arrive at Bucharest.
Accommodation in a 4* Hotel - located in the heart of the city.
Day 5: Bucharest Airport
After breakfast You can enjoy a personalized tour of Bucharest and later transfer to the Bucharest International Airport for your departure flight or at your indicated Hotel.
Inclusions for 5-Day Bucovina Painted Monasteries Private Tour From Bucharest
- 4 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for 5-Day Bucovina Painted Monasteries Private Tour From Bucharest
- Photo fees for the museums (where applicable)
- Additional food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Dracula's Castle and Peles Castle from Bucharest
- Outcast Bucharest City Tour Supporting an Employment Program for Homeless
- 3-Day Trip to Transylvania, Targoviste and Dracula's Castle from Bucharest
- Full-Day Private Tour of Bucharest and Mogosoaia Palace
- Bohemian Bucharest Markets and Mahallas Small Group Food Walking Tour with a Local Guide
- Private Van Arrival Transfer from Bucharest BBU Airport